[JPL] Now's the Time

Jim Wilke jwilke123 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 29 16:11:41 EST 2005

Thanks to all who suggested tunes - including some I hadn't thought of
and some I'd never heard of -but it was fun researching the list and
getting your suggestions. I thought of a few more myself including

As Time Goes By
Another Time Another Place with Benny C & Dizzy
Stolen Moments  (which we'll get back in the Fall)
Some Other Time
What Time Is It ? (Ken Nordine)

I was looking mostly for tunes having to do with perception of time or
being late (as a result of losing an hour over night).  Some suggested
tunes will be more appropriate for the Fall change back when we have an
extra hour  e.g. "Time On My Hands"   Results will be on Sunday Morning
starting at Midnight EST to 7 am EDT on stations from New York to
Hawaii.

On another subject, this Saturday at 4 pm PST on Jazz Northwest, a show
focusing on the regional jazz scene I do for KPLU, I'll feature six
concert recordings from the past six months for the fund drive special.
  Included are performances by the Jim Hall Trio, Brad Mehldau solo,
Susan Pascal Quartet, Larry Fuller Trio, Joe Locke/Thomas Marriott
Quartet and Charles McPherson Quartet - one tune each recorded
specifically forJazz Northwest.

Check it out for a sample of our local "on location" show in Seattle @
www.kplu.org

Jim Wilke