[JPL] March 30,2005 Issue of JazzWeek

Tony Gasparre tony at jazzweek.com
Wed Mar 30 11:28:32 EST 2005

You can now buy JazzWeek single issues and single charts  at
http://www.jazzweek.com/singleissue/

In the March 30, 2005 Issue:

The latest in our series of Radio Q&A interviews is with WEMU music
director Linda Yohn. Linda is one of the most respected jazz radio
programmers in the U.S., as is evidenced by her nomination for the Jazz
Journalists Association's broadcaster award. In the news, Mack Avenue
Records has stepped in in a big way to see that the Detroit International
Jazz Festival goes on; WGBH promotes Marita Rivero to GM of radio and TV;
Michel Camilo hits the road; Marsalis Music plans new releases; and 441
introduces a new imprint. Tad Hendrickson has reviews of new releases from
Kate McGarry, Anat Cohen, and Kermit Ruffins, as well as live performances
from Los Hombres Calientes and SFJAZZ Collective. Plus, we have our usual
selection of editors' picks.