[JPL] WDIY Top Plays & Doodlin' Playlist

Mo Noretsky mo.noretsky at verizon.net
Wed Mar 30 13:29:05 EST 2005

WDIY-FM (88.1 and webcasting on wdiy.org)
community public radio/NPR affiliate serving the Lehigh Valley region
of PA
(Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton)
301 Broadway
Bethlehem, PA 18015
610-694-8100
Mo Noretsky, WDIY Jazz Coordinator
mo.noretsky at verizon.net
Top Station Plays - 3/30/05 (20 hours of weekly Jazz/Blues Programming)
Top 10:
Avishai Cohen - At Home - RazDaz
Ravi Coltrane - In Flux - Savoy Jazz
Los Hombres Calientes - Carnival - Basin Street
Collier & Dean - Duets - Origin
Phil Woods - Groovin' To Marty Paich - Jazzed Media
Stefano di Battista - Parker's Mood - Blue Note
Monty Alexander - Live at the Iridium - Telarc
Dave Holland Big Band - Overtime - Sunnyside
Kevin Mahogany Big Band - Big Band - Zebra/Mahogany Jazz
Kurt Rosenwinkel - Deep Song - Verve
11-20:
Jason Moran - Same Mother - Blue Note
Jim Seeley/Arturo O'Farrill - Seeley/O'Farrill Quintet - Zoho
Amina Figarova - Come Escape With Me - Munich
Grazyna Auguscik - The Light - GMA
Zach Brock - Chemistry - Secret Fort
John Swana & the Philadelpians - Philly Gumbo Vol. 2 - Criss Cross
Belinda Underwood - Uncurling - Cosmik Muse
Onaje Allan Gumbs - Remember Their Innocence - Onaje
Claudio Roditi - Light in the Dark - Nagel Heyer
Jeni Fleming - Once Around the Sun - SVFM
and...
Corey Christiansen Quartet - Awakening - Mel Bay
Alon Yavnai - Picture This... - Bon Rapport
Joey DeFrancesco w/Jimmy Smith - Legacy - Concord
Wynton Marsalis - Unforgivable Blackness - Blue Note
Donald Harrison - Free Style - Nagel Heyer
George Colligan - Past-Present-Future - Criss Cross
Reeds and Deeds - Wailin' - Criss Cross
Jimmy Bruno - Solo - Mel-Bay
Birelli Lagrene - Move - Dreyfus
Pat Metheny - The Way Up - Nonesuch
Michel Camilo  - Solo - Telarc
Dafnis Prieto - About The Monks - Zoho
Ron Brendle - Photograph - LoNote
Charles McPherson - A Tribute to Charlie Parker - Clarion Jazz
Connie Evingson - Gypsy in My Soul - Minnehana
Darek Oleszkiewicz - Like a Dream - Cryptogramophone
Opie Bellas - Faces - Bella Blue
Jeff Berlin - Lumpy Jazz - M.A.J.
Chiara Civello - Last Quarter Moon - Verve
Thomas Marriott- Individuation - Origin
Will Martin - Morning - Saguaro Beach
Ken Walker - Terra Firma - Syncopoated Synergy
Avery Sharpe - Dragon Fly - JKNM
Christian Jacob - Styne & Mine - WilderJazz
Chris Winters - Impressions - BluJazz
Abram Wilson - Jazz Warrior - Dune
Various - Harold Arlen Centennial Celebration - Concord
Adds:
Lea Delaria - Call Me - Double Standard - Telarc
Vic Juris - A Second Look - Mel Bay
DeverePride - Our Blues - ...As in a morning sunrise - Self Produced
Keely Smith - Vegas '58 - Today - Concord
Dale Fielder - Sunride - Clarion Jazz
Abdullah Ibrahim - Celebration - Enja
John Ellis - One Foot in the Swamp - Hyena

Doodlin' - March 29, 2005 - Host: Mo Noretsky
Artist - Song - Album - Label
Lambert, Hendricks & Ross - Doodlin' (Theme) - Twisted - Rhino
Alon Yavnai - Mouche Blues - Picture This... - Bon Rapport
Trudy Desmond - I'm Shadowing You - A Dream Come True - Just a Memory
Ron Kalina - Skylark - Getting My Axes Together - Kalinor

Orrin Evans - Easy Now - Easy Now - Criss Cross
Onaje Allan Gumbs - All I Hear (Quiet Passion) - Remember Their
Innocence - Ejano
Dale Fielder - Patti's Vigil - Sunride - Clarion Jazz

Abdullah Ibrahim - African Market Place - Celebration - Enja
Los Hombres Calientes - Carnival Lullaby - Carnival - Basin Street
John Ellis - Country Girls - One Foot in the Swamp - Hyena

Marcus Miller - Sophisticated Lady - Silver Rain - Koch
Francien van Tuinen - Out Here - Dutch Jazz 2005 - Radio Netherlands
Collier & Dean - What a Shame - Duets - Origin
Carol Heffler - Pull of the Moon - Exactly - Peeka

Vic Juris - Barney K. - A Second Look - Mel Bay
Belinda Underwood - Unspoken Thought - Uncurling - Cozmik Muse

Ron Brendle - Centering - Photograph - LoNote
Lea Delaria - Philadelphia - Double Standards - Telarc
Dan Haerle - Someday My Prince Will Come - Standard Procedure - BluJazz

Curtis Stigers - Take Me Out to the Ballgame - I Think It's Going to
Rain Today - Concord
Horace Silver - Doodlin' (Theme) - Best of - Blue Note