[JPL] INDIEgo Jazz Promotions Suspends Operations -- Projects To Continue With Mitchell Feldman

Mitchell Feldman mfeldman at indiego.com
Wed Mar 30 18:51:18 EST 2005

Dear Jazz Radio Programmers:

Synergy Media Group, the parent company of INDIEgo Jazz Promotions, is
going through a transitional period and while it considers various
options has suspended INDIEgo Jazz Promotions' operations effective
March 31st.

I will be taking over INDIEgo Jazz's client responsibilities beginning
April 1.  Please update your records and mailing lists to replace my
contact info with the following:

E-mail:		mitchellfeldmanassociates at comcast.net
Cell-phone:	303.641.4783 (business phone# coming shortly)

Sadly the jazz radio community -- at least for the foreseeable future
-- will lose one of its brightest young stars as Devon Bartlett has
decided to pursue other interests (I think she became allergic to
repeatedly encountering voice mail and having direct questions sent via
e-mail like "are you going to add our CD" ignored :-).  Seriously
though, Devon thanks everyone who DID return her calls and e-mails and
for the support our clients have received at jazz radio.

Here's how you can stay in touch with Devon:

E-Mail:		dbartlett95 at hotmail.com
Cell-phone:	303.819.8977 (nights & weekends best)

E-mail sent to mfeldman at indiego.com, jazzinfo at indiego.com &
devon at indiego.com will be accessible for the time being however these
accounts will eventually be closed.  After March 31, calls placed to
INDIEgo Jazz's phone numbers will be forwarded to me.

INDIEgo Jazz had a great ride over the 11 months since May 2004 when we
left the starting gate with "Dat Love" by the Oliver Lake Steel
Quartet.  It was a privilege to introduce to radio his CD and other
quality recordings like Manuel Valera's "Forma Nueva," Larry
Chernicoff's "October," Synergy Music titles by Archie Shepp & Mal
Waldron, Ken Walker, the Alex Heitlinger Sextet and Paul McCandless &
Art Lande as well as breaking in the US recordings from the catalog of
the award-winning British label Dune Records by Soweto Kinch, Jazz
Jamaica All Stars, Abram Wilson and Denys Baptiste.  Thanks to your
support we achieved significant chart activity at JazzWeek for these
artists for which they and we are grateful

I'm looking forward to continuing to provide you with recordings of the
finest jazz music and to working together to share this with your
listeners.  Stay tuned!

Mitchell Feldman

Mitchell Feldman
Mitchell Feldman Associates