[JPL] WRCT Pittsburgh CMJ TOP 10

mmerewit at andrew.cmu.edu mmerewit at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Mar 31 01:52:46 EST 2005

3/22 @ 12:00 AM through 3/28 @ 11:59 PM

1. Kurt Rosenwinkel -- Deep Song -- Verve Music Group
2. Donald Harrison -- Free Style -- Nagel-Heyer
3. Brotzmann Clarinet Project -- Berlin Djungle -- Atavistic
4. Steve Turre -- The Spirits Up Above -- High Note
5. Pat Metheny -- The Way Up -- Nonesuch Records
6. Brad Mehldau -- Live in Tokyo -- Nonesuch Records
7. Fred Lonberg-Holm -- Dialogs -- Emanem
8. Juez -- Shemspeed Alt Schule -- Modular Mood
9. Joey DeFrancesco -- Legacy -- Concord Records
10. Henry Grimes Trio -- Live at the Kerava Jazz Festival -- Ayler

I made the decision to stop reporting the reissues/compilations because I
feel they are not relevant to CMJ (i.e. they are not new music) even though
they are being played frequently in the grand scheme of our college station
(which is freeform and only has about 15% jazz programming).

Matt Merewitz
Jazz Director
Internal Music Director
WRCT Pittsburgh 88.3 FM