[JPL] hearing protection

Jeff Turton jturton at comcast.net
Thu Mar 31 10:56:03 EST 2005

Brad

The Ear Inc website is a good place to start for basic protection but
what I did was to visit a local audiologist. These are doctors who
specialize in hearing related issues and they can do the custom mold.
It's also good to get your hearing tested (since we are getting older
and our business depends on our ears) . Also depending on your health
care policy, you may even get this taken care of for a sizeable
discount. The person I have been seeing over the years was recommended
by a couple of local musicians, so you might want to query some local
players as a place to start. I've noticed a lot of musicians are now
paying closer attention to their ears so it's a good resource. Also a
local music specialty store might be a good place to start. I know a
couple here have some very good generics available and some sell the
custom molds .

Jeff