[JPL] WEMU Top 25 Blues 3/21-27/05

lyohn at emich.edu lyohn at emich.edu
Thu Mar 31 14:31:50 EST 2005

Hello! Here are the 25 most-played new and reissued
blues CDs on 89.1 from March 21st through 27th. The
number in the parentheses tells you how many times
we played a disc.

1.	Various Artists/ Doctors, Professors, Kings And
Queens: The Big Ol’ Box Of New Orleans/ Shout!
Factory(20)
2.	The Blind Boys Of Alabama/ Atom Bomb/ Real World (8)
3.	Solomon Burke/ Make Do With What You Got/ Shout!
Factory (5)
4.	Tab Benoit/ Fever On The Bayou/ Telarc (4)
5.	Ronnie Earl & Duke Robillard/ The Duke Meets
Earl/ Stony Plain (4)
6.	Elmore James/ Best Of The Modern Years/ Metro
Blue (4)
7.	Earl Gaines/ The Different Feelings Of Soul &
Blues/ Blue Eye (3
8.	John Hammond/ In Your Arms Again/ Back Porch (3)
9.	Beverly Watkins/ Feelings Of/ Music Maker (3)
10.	Buddy Guy/ Damn Right I Got The Blues/
Silvertone (3)
11.	Ann Rabson/ In A Family Way/ Emit Doug Music (2)
12.	Sonny Landreth/ Grant Street/ Sugar Hill (2)
13.	Los Lobos/ Live At The Filmore/ Hollywood (2)
14.	Rosco Gordon/ No Dark In America/ Skuntry (2)
15.	Jay Geils/ Jay Geils Plays Jazz/ Stony Plain (2)
16.	Otis Clay/ Respect Yourself/ Blind Pig (2)
17.	Johnny “Guitar” Watson/ Best Of The Modern
Years/ Metro Blue (2)
18.	Etta James/ Best Of The Modern Years/ Metro Blue (2)
19.	Charlie Musselwhite/ Deluxe Edition/ Alligator (2)
20.	Eddie Baltimore/ The Space Between/ Iridescent
Music (1)
21.	Louisiana Red/ No Turn On Red/ HMG (1)
22.	Roomful Of Blues/ Standing Room Only/ Alligator (1)
23.	The Hollywood Blue Flames/Soul Sanctuary/ Delta
Groove (1)
24.	Hubert Sumlin/ About Them Shoes/ Tone Cool (1)
25.	Zac Harmon/ The Blues According To Zacarriah/
Bluestone (1)

This list reflects airplay on WEMU’s special blues
shows: “Big City Blues Cruise”, “The Blues And Some
Other Stuff”, “Blues On The Mellow Side”, and all
89.1 Jazz shows. We blend a little blues into our
jazz shows to make sure that we are soulfully rooted
in great American Music.

Joe Tiboni hosts the “Big City Blues Cruise” from 3
to 6 PM Sundays. “Blues And Some Other Stuff” with
Michael Jewett airs from 7 to 10PM Sundays followed
by Doug Cameron’s “Blues On The Mellow Side” from
10PM to 1AM.

If you would like to send CDs to the show hosts, you
are welcome to do so, but please send one to the
music director for our library.  All WEMU hosts need
to be able to review your music for potential airplay.

Here is the best address:

Linda Yohn
WEMU Music Director
PO Box 980350