[JPL] WEMU Top 25 Cuban/Brazilian CDs 3/21-27/05

lyohn at emich.edu lyohn at emich.edu
Thu Mar 31 14:39:37 EST 2005

Hello! Here are the most-played new and reissued
Afro- Cuban, Latin jazz, Brazilian, African and
Caribbean CDs on 89.1 from March 21st through 27th
2005. The number in the parentheses tells you how
many times we played a disc.

1.	Los Hombres Calientes/ Volume 5: Carnival/ Basin
Street (5)
2.	Scott Martin/ Menudo And Gritz/ SCM (4)
3.	Babatunde Lea/ Suite Unseen: Summoner Of The
Ghost/ Motema (4)
4.	Sakesho/ We Want You To Say/ Heads Up (4)
5.	Jim Seeley & Arturo O’Farrill/ Jim Seeley/ Arturo
O’Farrill Quintet/ Zoho (4)
6.	Alon Yavani Trio/ Picture This/ alonyavani.com (3)
7.	Jeff Niess & Ensemble Siete/ Evolution/ Mambo
Maniacs (3)
8.	Kokopelli Latin Jazz Ensemble/ La Luz Etrna/
kokopelli.com (3)
9.	Dafnis Prieto/ About The Monks/ Zoho (2)
10.	The Caribbean Jazz Project/ Here And Now/
Concord (2)
11.	Various Artists/ Acoustic Brazil/Putumayo (2)
12.	Various Artists/ Tango: The Originals, Volume
One/ Danza Y Moviemento (2)
13.	Betsy Braud & The Jazz Nurse Prescription/ Just
What The Doctor Ordered/ OWO (1)
14.	Tres-Dos/ La Zona Ritma/tres-dos.com (1)
15.	Chango Spasiuk/ Sounds From The Red Land/
Piraha.de (1)
16.	Benny Velarde Y Super Combo/ Viva Velarde/
Hopping Mad (1)
17.	Tete Alhinho/ Voz/ World Connection (1)
18.	Michael Camilo/ Solo/ Telarc (1)
19.	Manuel Guajro Mirabel/ Buena Vista Social Club
Presents/ Nonesuch (1)
20.	Osdalgia/ Sueman Los Cueros/ Lusafrica (1)

This list reflects airplay on “Cuban Fantasy”,
“Brazilian Sol” and all 89.1 Jazz programs. “Cuban
Fantasy” with host Marc Taras airs from 7 to 9 PM
Mondays followed by “Brazilian Sol” with Mary
Catherine Smith from 9 to 11 PM.

If you would like to send CDs to the show hosts, you
are welcome to do so, but please remember to send an
additional copy to the music director, so that all
WEMU hosts can review the music for potential
airplay. We spice up our “meat and potatoes” jazz
programs with hot Latin music.

Here is the best address:

Linda Yohn
WEMU Music Director