[JPL] Fw: WFCR/Jazz à la Mode, March 31, 2005

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Thu Mar 31 23:17:14 EST 2005

WFCR/Jazz à la Mode, March 31, 2005

8:00 PM Just A-Sittin' and A-Rockin' Joe Williams Havin' a Good Time Hyena (featuring Ben Webster)

8:06 PM Joy Spring Billy Taylor Ten Fingers-One Voice Arkadia (Farewell Concert 3/31, D.C.)
8:12 PM Gracias Chucho Billy Taylor Urban Griot Soundpost
8:15 PM The Rain in Spain Billy Taylor My Fair Lady Loves Jazz Impulse

8:21 PM Ain't Misbehavin' Joe Williams Havin' a Good Time Hyena
8:27 PM Honeysuckle Rose Joe Williams Havin' a Good Time Hyena

8:36 PM Take the 'A' Train Ben Webster Music for Loving Verve (featuring Harry Carney: born 4/1/10)
8:41 PM It Had to Be You Ben Webster Music for Loving Verve (featuring Harry Carney)
8:46 PM Sumpin' Jumpin' 'Round Here Sandy Williams Big Eight Complete HRS Recordings Mosaic (featuring Harry Carney)
8:48 PM Slap Happy Duke Ellington 1938-1939 Classics (featuring Harry Carney)

8:55 PM Corner Pocket Count Basie April in Paris Verve (featuring Freddie Green, b. 3/31/11)
9:01 PM A Date With Ray Freddie Green Mr. Rhythm Bluebird
9:05 PM Freddie's Tune Al Cohn The Natural Seven Bluebird
9:09 PM Down for Double Lambert Hendricks & Ross Sing a Song of Basie Impulse

9:13 PM Little Susan Arturo O'Farrill Blood Lines Milestone (UMASS FAC 4/9 w LCJO)
9:18 PM Caban Bamboo Highlife Randy Weston Highlife Mosaic Select
9:21 PM Perdido Chico O'Farrill Pure Emotion Milestone

9:27 PM Joy Spring Jimmy Bruno Solo Mel Bay
9:32 PM With Every Breath I Take Ken Peplowski Easy to Remember Nagel Heyer

9:38 PM Roses of Picardy Red Norvo Just A Mood Bluebird (born 3/31/08)
9:41 PM Rose Room Red Norvo Just A Mood Bluebird
9:45 PM Just a Mood Red Norvo Just A Mood Bluebird (featuring Ben Webster)
9:52 PM  Easy on the Eye  Red Norvo Just A Mood Bluebird

10:04 PM Those Clouds Are Heavy, You Dig? Kurt Elling Close Your Eyes Blue Note (Hartford Theatre/April 3)
10:07 PM Whisper Not Carolyn Leonhart New 8th Day Sunnyside
10:13 PM Touch Me Lightly Benny Golson Terminal 1 Concord Jazz (Artists Collective, Hartford, April 16)

10:26 PM Bright Side Steve Davis Meant to Be Criss Cross (Cheney Hall/April 1)
10:33 PM Summertime Steve Davis Dig Deep Criss Cross
10:40 PM Nobody's Know the Trouble I've Seen Steve Davis The Jaunt Criss Cross
10:47 PM I Remember Clifford Eddie Henderson Inspiration Milestone (Cheney Hall/April 1)

10:57 PM Georgia on My Mind David Fathead Newman I Remember Brother Ray High Note (Iron Horse/April 22)
11:04 PM Since I Fell for You Houston Person To Etta With Love High Note
11:11 PM Gee Baby, AIn't I Good to You Mark Pompe You Must Believe in Swing Cadence Jazz
11:18 PM I Waited for You Joe Lovano I'm All for You Blue Note (Sanders TheatreHarvard/April 10)

11:31 PM Ghost of a Chance Ben Webster Music for Loving Verve (featuring Harry Carney: born 4/1/10)
11:36 PM La Plus Belle Africaine Duke Ellington Soul Call Verve (featuring Harry Carney)
11:49 PM Dancing in the Dark Duke Ellington Ellington Indigos Columbia (featuring Harry Carney)
11:55 PM Something to Live For Duke Ellington Unknown Session Columbia (featuring Harry Carney)

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Thursday, 8 p.m. - Midnight
WFCR