[JPL] Joan's CD at Borders Books + LA Jazz Scene - Yanow Rvw

Kathryn Smith katesmith999 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 1 19:29:35 EST 2005

Dear music lovers:
Granted I'm easily excited, but seeing my CD in the rack for the first time at the Eastchester Borders Books this weekend was a thrill for me. According to the store manager I am also in stock at the White Plains, Mt Kisco, and NYC Columbus Circle locations. But the main thing is - I am in their System! So if you are happening by any Borders Books store Please ask them to stock me.
Below is a copy of the most recent review from the soon to be published November issue of LA Jazz Scene

Joan Crowe
Bird On The Wire

Joan Crowe is a new name to me although she has apparently been singing in New York for over a decade.  She has a very appealing voice, a wide range, a strong sense of humor and a very versatile repertoire.
Performing with a combo, Ms. Crowe performs one interesting selection after another, ranging from swinging jazz to cabaret and pop, all of it infused with surprising moments and bits of wit.  She expertly combines together "Fever" with the sensuous "Caught A Touch Of Your Love," romps on "Never-Never Land" and performs "Twisted" in an unusual conversational version.  The singer is sassy on "Boom Boom," touching on "I Cover The Waterfront" and quite boisterous on "Bird On The Wire."  She gives the impression that every selection means a lot to her and reflects her life, showing that she is a fine actress in addition to a jazz singer.
Bird On The Wire is a delight from start to finish, available from www.joancrowe.com.
Scott Yanow

Much love

Joan