[JPL] JzFmS4 WGBH Boston 11/05

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Nov 5 00:21:04 EST 2005

Friday, Nov 4, 8pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7

SPECIAL FEATURE / KURT ELLING (b. 11/02/1967)

8:00pm  THEME:
Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
Charlie Parker (recorded 11/04/1947): Bird of Paradise; Klactoveesedstene;
Scrapple From The Apple; My Old Flame; Out of Nowhere; Don't Blame Me,
The Complete Dial Sessions (Stash Records)

8:27pm
Steve Kuhn: Quiereme Mucho, Quiereme Mucho (Sunnyside)

8:34pm
Robert Glasper: North Portland, Canvas (Blue Note)
Marc Johnson: Ton Sur Ton, Shades of Jade (ECM)
Enrico Rava: Mystere, Full of Life (CamJazz)

8:55pm
Bill Charlap; at RegattaBar Nov 5&6: It's So Peaceful in The Country,
All Through The Night (Criss Cross)

9:02pm
KURT ELLING SPECIAL FEATURE
Kurt Elling: The Very Thought of You, This Time It's Love (Blue Note)
Kurt Elling: Detour Ahead, Flirting with Twilight (Blue Note)
Kurt Elling: Gingerbread Boy, The Messenger (Blue Note)

9:23pm
Kurt Elling: Now It is Time That Gods...; Dolores Dream; (Hide The) Salome,
Close Your Eyes (Blue Note)
9:40pm
Bob Mintzer Big Band; Kurt Elling: My Foolish Heart,
At The Manchester Craftsman Guild (MCG Music)
Kurt Elling: Higher Vibe, Man In The Air (Blue Note)
George Freeman; Kurt Elling: Sugar, At Long Last George (Savant)

10:05pm
Kurt Elling; Jon Hendricks: Goin' To Chicago, Live in Chicago (Blue Note)
Orbert Davis; Kurt Elling: The Double Blues, Priority (3Sixteen Records)
Joanne Brackeen; Kurt Elling: What's Your Choice, Rolls Royce?,
Pink Elephant Magic (Arkadia)

10:29pm
Kurt Elling: Just A Thing, The Messenger (Blue Note)
Fred Hersch; Kurt Elling: I Celebrate Myself, Leaves of Grass (Palmetto)
Kurt Elling: Moonlight Serenade, Flirting With Twilight (Blue Note)
Kurt Elling: She's Funny That Way, This Time It's Love (Blue Note)

10:50pm
Kurt Elling: Tanya Jean, The Messenger (Blue Note)

END OF FEATURE

11:02pm
Jerry Gonzalez: Crisis, Rumba Buhaina (Random Chance)
Art Blakey: Invitation, Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers (Impulse)
Ray Barretto: United, Homage To Art (Sunnyside)

11:27pm
Jimmy Heath (at Wellesley College November 5, 2005): For Minors Only,
The Thumper (Riverside)
Jimmy Heath: Body And Soul, Picture of Heath (Xanadu)
Jimmy Heath: The Voice of The Saxophone, Little Man Big Man (Verve)

11:50pm
Geoffrey Keezer: Black and Tan Fantasy, Wildcrafted (MaxJazz)
=END-