[JPL] Davy Jones brings a smile to my face.....

JanLeder at aol.com JanLeder at aol.com
Sat Nov 5 11:01:36 EST 2005

In a message dated 11/5/2005 9:14:03 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
anythinggoesradio at comcast.net writes:

Somehow  the stuff you grew up on always retains a special  significance.

Hey Lise,

Always indeed!  If it didn't, I wouldn't be playing 28 performances  this
month for seniors, whose physiology seems to change when they hear  "their"
songs.  I believe there's a key to something important  here: those significant
songs must be stored elsewhere in the brain from  everything else, because when
other memories are lost - even completely - the  songs and lyrics remain.
Significant music can be very powerful as  therapy, lifting the spirit as well as
getting people to move, not to mention  all smiles I see...  it's quite
amazing.

I suppose radio programmers don't often get to see what joy the  music they
play brings to their audiences.  You should all know how  significant what you
do really is.

Jan Leder
_www.jazzcorner.com/leder_ (http://www.jazzcorner.com/leder)