[JPL] The Next Jazz America On VOA

davispro at mindspring.com davispro at mindspring.com
Sun Nov 6 11:03:23 EST 2005

Following is the log for the next JAZZ AMERICA program from the Voice of America, now heard by more listeners than ever before!

JAZZ AMERICA is now heard not only on the entertainment service MusicMix,  but also on the worldwide VOA service via shortwave transmission.

The show is two hours long and reaches a potential audience of 94 million listeners worldwide each weekend.  Visit the Voice of America website @ www.voamusicmix.net to get more information including when it is webcast in your timezone as well as when and how to hear it via shortwave.

Also…please take note of the email address for the show.  For any comments or inquires you can reach me at jazz-america at voa.gov.

Russ Davis

davis programs
163 third avenue/p.m.b. # 259
new york,ny 10003
email...jazz-america at voa.gov

JAZZ AMERICA… SHOW #659…5-6 NOVEMBER, 2005
SHIRLEY HORN-I didn’t know what time it was (live @ au bar-New York 2005)
SONNY ROLLINS-no moe (with the modern jazz quartet)
*Charlie Haden Interview Segment
CHARLIE HADEN- not in our name (not in our name)
METHENY/HADEN-the moon song (beyond the Missouri sky)
DAVE BRUBECK-take five (time out)
SHIRLEY HORN-you won’t forget me (you won’t forget me)
*Charlie Haden Interview Segment
CHARLIE HADEN- blue anthem (not in our name)
ALEX BUGNON-downtime (free)

JAZZ AMERICA… SHOW #660…5-6 NOVEMBER, 2005
SHIRLEY HORN-just found out about love (you won’t forget me)
LINCOLN CENTER JAZZ ORCHESTRA-dizzy moods (don’t be afraid)
*Charlie Haden Interview Segment
CHARLIE HADEN- this is not america (not in our name)
RONNY JORDAN-in full swing (the quiet revolution)
SHIRLEY HORN-may the music never end (may the music never end)
STANLEY TURRENTINE-feeling good (rough ‘n’ tumble)
*Charlie Haden Interview Segment
CHARLIE HADEN- throughout (not in our name)
JAVON JACKSON-move on up (have you heard)

SHOW #661-662…12-13 NOVEMBER, 2005
Featured artist BILL CHARLAP
New release…”Love Is Here To Stay,”
his collaboration with his mother Sandy Stewart