[JPL] Playlist: Sound of Surprise 11-06-05

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 6 19:47:27 EST 2005

Sound of Surprise
WPFW-FM
Washington D.C.
Sundays 5-7 pm

1) Skitch Henderson-If There Is Someone Lovelier Than You (Swinging With
Strings)
2) Chris Botti w/Gladys Knight-Lover Man (To Love Again)
3) Robert Glasper-Chant (Canvas)
4) Bill Henderson-My How The Time Goes By (Sings)

Songs by Gus Kahn (birthday)
5) Nat Cole-Dream A Little Dream of Me (King Cole Transcriptions)
6) Sarah Vaughan-You Stepped Out of a Dream (The Roulette Years)
7) Jimmy Rowles w/Stan Getz-My Buddy (The Peacocks)
8) Shirley Horn-It Had To Be You (You Won't Forget Me)
9) Mel Torme-The Carioca (Lulu's Back In Town)

10) Donald Harrison-Blues For Happy People (New York Cool)
11) Hank Jones-Greensleeves ('S Wonderful)
12) Silvana Deluigi-La Cumparsita (Yo!)
13) Kip Hanrahan-Funeral Poem/Scattering The Ashes (Pinero)
14) Horacio "El Negro" Hernandez & Robby Ameen-We Got The F*ck (Robby and
Negro at the Third World War)
15) Dave Douglas-A Noise From The Deep (Keystone)
16) Charlie Haden Liberation Music Orchestra-Not In Our Name (Not In Our
Name)
17) Trio Da Paz-Take Five (Somewhere)
18) Either /Orchestra-Amlak abet abet (Ethiopiques 20)
21) Mulutu Astatke-Metche dershe (Ethiopiques 4)
Host: Larry Appelbaum
jumpmonk at hotmail.com