[JPL] WCLV Jazz Playlist for 11/6

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Mon Nov 7 11:38:12 EST 2005

Here's the listing for WCLV's Jazz All Night for this past weekend:

Performer                      Music                          Recording
Title                       Label

12:00 Mid (Evelyn Wright interview)

Evelyn Wright         I Remember You               My One and Only Love
EW

Evelyn Wright   My One and Only Love                        "
"

Evelyn Wright        Watch What Happens                       "
"

Jackie Warren          Some Other Time                          Near You
JW

Swing City   Swinging on a Saturday Night           Swing City
Tri-C

Evelyn Wright   How Do You Keep the Music Playing?   My One
EW

1:00AM

Hank Geer                     Just Friends                    Jazz Alive
Zenith

Great Jazz Trio             Moanin'                      's Wonderful
441 Records

Thad Jones-Mel Lewis    A-That's Freedom      Live at the Vanguard
Blue Note

Woody Herman           Like Some Blues Man               At Monterey
Koch

Tommy Dorsey-Duke Ellington    Take the A Train  Centennial Collection   RCA

Tommy Dorsey       Bugle Call Rag                                         "
"

Tommy Dorsey          Hallelujah
"                            "

Benny Goodman-Charlie Christian    Solo Flight   100 Years of Jazz Guitar
Sony

2:00AM

Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra           Meditation on Integration

Don't Be Afraid               Palmetto

Mingus Big Band        Pedal Point Blues                I Am Three
Sue Mingus Music

Charles Mingus            Moanin'                            Blues and Roots
Atlantic

Charles Mingus         Serenade in Blue                 Debut Sampler
Debut

The Quintet                     Perdido                          Debut
Sampler               Debut

Dizzy Gillespie-Charlie Parker    Night in Tunisia      Town Hall

3:00AM

Marty Ehrlich                Seeker's Delight                News on the
Rail          Palmetto

John Coltrane               Afro-Blue                    One Down, One Up
Impulse

Julius Tolentino          High Drama           Just the Beginning
Sharp Nine

Daisuke Abe                      I-Shi            On My Way Back Home
Nagel Heyer

Tineke Postma               Dialog                  For the Rhythm
Munich

Enrico Rava                  Casa di Bambola                      Tati
ECM

4:00AM

Adam Holzman     Miles Runs the Voodoo Down   Jazz Rocket Science  Nagel
Heyer

Michael Simon        Juliana Bridge Bumba-Blues             Revelacion
Paramisi

Rez Abbasi             Pearl                         Snake Charmer
Earth Sounds

Judi Silvano                 Bass Space                Meditative Sounds
JSL

Judi Silvano                 Bass Space                 Vocalise
Blue Note

Robert Glasper                 Canvas                        (same)
Blue Note

Amina Figarova                   Dawn                 September Suite
Munich

5:00AM

Enrico Rava                   Recuerdos                     Full of Life
CamJazz

Don Ellis                         Uh-Huh                          New Ideas
Prestige

Wynton Marsalis                       What is This Thing Called Love?

                                          Live at the House of Tribes
Blue Note

Chip Stephens         Sweet and Lovely                 Bootcamp
Azica

Hank Geer                      My Romance                   Jazz Alive
Zenith

Woody Shaw         When Lights are Low               Live Vol. 4
High Note

Pete York                      Caravan                     Live and Swinging
Nagel Heyer

John Simna

jsimna at wclv.com

WCLV