[JPL] Sony Software Protection

MFA - Jazz Publicity & Radio Promotion MitchellFeldmanAssociates at Comcast.net
Fri Nov 11 11:13:45 EST 2005

On 11 Nov 2005, at 02:00, jazzproglist-request at jazzweek.com wrote:

> From: Jeff Turton <jturton at comcast.net>
> Date: 10 November 2005 19:06:52 MST
> Subject: Re: [JPL] "New Protection Software from Sony"
>

> Me too Jim, I'm a 25 year Mac user....I guess the Bad Plus was one
> of the discs. I loaded it ok and have shared it amongst my 4
> computers with no ill effects.
>
> Jeff
>

>> --------------------------------------
>>> This is also the focus of David Pogue's Tech column in the Times
>>> today.
>>>
>>> If you are a Mac user it appears as though this is a non-issue.
>>> (On a Macintosh or
>>    Linux machine, these CD's play just fine, without any copy
>> protection.)
>>

>> ........ and people wonder why Mac owners act so smug.  I love my
>> Macs.
>>
>> Jim

Hi - I too am a Mac user -- since 1986 (Jeff the Mac came out in 1984
-- remember the Super Bowl ad? -- so while you might be using Apple
products for 25 years not possible with Mac :-) I had a problem on my
computer (iBook) with the new Stevie Wonder CD.  Put it in and after
15 seconds of whirring sounds it was spit out - this happened several
times and I guess it is not playable on computers.  Curiously enough
the anti-piracy warning printed on the CD face of Stevie's CD takes
up twice as much room as the name of the CD!

Best,

Mitchell

MFA
Publicity, Radio Promotion & Consulting
For The International Jazz Community

Mitchell Feldman Associates
3432 Quivas Street #2
Denver, CO 80211 / USA
Phone:    303.433.0021
Cell:        303.641.4783
MitchellFeldmanAssociates at Comcast.net