[JPL] Next Week On Beyond Jazz...XM's Modern Jazz Channel

davispro at mindspring.com davispro at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 11 12:29:30 EST 2005

Next Week On Beyond Jazz...XM's Modern Jazz Channel

XM 72...BEYOND JAZZ/WEEKLY FEATURES   (14-20 November 05)

This Monday, November 14th, we'll present another edition of our special
feature...MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS! on Beyond Jazz featuring an hour of
the music of CHICK COREA! For over four decades he's established himself
as a brilliant keyboardist, composer, bandleader and musical visionary
of the highest order. You'll hear an hour of the many different facets
of his work including his solo releases, his acoustic bands, the
Elektric Band and the fusion masters Return To Forever. Plus we'll hear
Chick's own comments that shed light on his brilliant career. Listen
Monday at Noon Eastern/9 AM Pacific, with a replay Monday night at 11 PM
Eastern/8 PM Pacific. It's MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS! featuring CHICK
COREA! on Beyond Jazz.

This week enjoy another edition of our show JAMMIN' JAZZ...JAZZ FOR THE
NEW GENERATION! hosted by Michelle Sammartino.  What's it all about?
Well here's how Michelle describes what you'll hear on the
show..."anything with that "jamband" jazz, acid jazz, brass band, swamp
boogie, funk influenced, booty movin' feel that ya just can't hear
anywhere else." Listen for JAMMIN' JAZZ three times each week...Tuesday
night at 9P Eastern-6P Pacific, Thursday morning at 9A/Eastern-6A
Pacific, and Sunday at 7P/Eastern-4P Pacific. It's JAMMIN' JAZZ...JAZZ
FOR THE NEW GENERATION! with Michelle Sammartino!

This Wednesday and Sunday, join us for THE CHICK COREA ELEKTRIC BAND "TO
THE STARS" LIVE! on LIVE @ BJ'S! Every Wednesday night at 8 PM
Pacific/11 PM Eastern and Sunday at 8 PM Eastern/5 PM Pacific you can
spend an hour in the world's only imaginary modern jazz club, BJ's, for
rare live performances by the biggest stars of Modern Jazz.  You'll hear
music you can't hear anywhere but on XM, and this week we'll hear the
concert of the year in 2004 from the legendary keyboardist CHICK COREA
and all the original members of the first  ELEKTRIC BAND including JOHN
PATITUCCI, DAVE WECKL, FRANK GAMBALE & ERIC MARIENTHAL performing the
brilliant music from "To The Stars," the CD that topped the Beyond Jazz
chart in 2004, in front of an appreciative crowd at the Montreux Jazz
Festival in Switzerland.  It's THE CHICK COREA ELEKTRIC BAND "TO THE
STARS" LIVE! on this weeks addition of LIVE @ BJ'S!

Every Saturday is a chance to get to know the stars of Modern Jazz a
little better with WORDS & MUSIC on BEYOND JAZZ, and this week we'll
present a special show titled "GROOVE COLLECTIVE...THE FAMOUS UNKNOWNS!"
Join Russ Davis as he sits down with Genji Sirasi, drummer & founding
member of the unsung heroes from New York GROOVE COLLECTIVE to talk
about their 15 year career. When they play anywhere from Tokyo to Moscow
the crowds go wild but they're still not the Prophets they should be in
their own land.  We'll see what we can do about that as the put the
spotlight on one of the great bands in MOJA. Interview segments,
followed by music, air each hour beginning at Noon and lasting through
Midnight Eastern time (9 AM-9 PM Pacific).  It's "GROOVE
COLLECTIVE...THE FAMOUS UNKNOWNS!" this week's edition of "WORDS &
MUSIC," here on BEYOND JAZZ.

THE HISTORY OF FUSION...PART THREE: THE SOLO STARS OF FUSION
In November XM 72 Beyond Jazz presents a four-part series that takes a
look at the moment in jazz history when jazz became electric and the
music changed forever...The History of Fusion. Join Beyond Jazz Program
Director Russ Davis this weekend for part three, The Supergroups of
Fusion. You'll hear from Fusion greats like Herbie Hancock, Jean-Luc
Ponty, George Duke and others and hear the music of these brave
innovators.  Listen Saturday morning at 11 AM Eastern/8 AM Pacific with
a replay on Sunday at 9 PM Eastern/6 PM Pacific, on Beyond Jazz.

Every Sunday it's the EMAIL REPLY HOUR...from 6-7 PM Eastern/3-4 PM
Pacific, Russ Davis spends an hour responding to email messages by
playing requested songs, answering listener questions and reading
listener comments that have been emailed to him at
beyondjazz at xmradio.com.

Russ Davis
Program Director
Beyond Jazz