[JPL] The Next Jazz America On VOA

davispro at mindspring.com davispro at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 11 12:33:04 EST 2005

Following is the log for the next JAZZ AMERICA program from the Voice of America, now heard by more listeners than ever before!

JAZZ AMERICA is now heard not only on the entertainment service MusicMix,  but also on the worldwide VOA service via shortwave transmission.

The show is two hours long and reaches a potential audience of 94 million listeners worldwide each weekend.  Visit the Voice of America website @ www.voamusicmix.net to get more information including when it is webcast in your timezone as well as when and how to hear it via shortwave.

Also…please take note of the email address for the show.  For any comments or inquires you can reach me at jazz-america at voa.gov.

Russ Davis

davis programs
163 third avenue/p.m.b. # 259
new york,ny 10003
email...jazz-america at voa.gov

JAZZ AMERICA… SHOW #661…12-13 NOVEMBER, 2005
BOBBY HUTCHERSON-yu yo (jazzanova-blue note trip)
MEDESKI, MARTIN & WOOD-sugar craft (combustication-remix)
*Bill Charlap Interview Segment
CHARLAP/STEWART-here I am in love again (love is here to stay)
JOHN SCOFIELD-sticks & stones (that’s what I say)
DAVE HOLLAND-last minute man (overtime)
LOUIS ARMSTRONG-royal garden blues (1956)
*Bill Charlap Interview Segment
BILL CHARLAP-somebody loves me (the American soul)
U.F.O.-stolen moments (red, hot & cool)

JAZZ AMERICA… SHOW #662…12-13 NOVEMBER, 2005
ADAM HOLTZMAN-firewire (jazzrocketscience)
CHICK COREA-the Chelsea shuffle (past, present & futures)
*Bill Charlap Interview Segment
CHARLAP/STEWART-always (love is here to stay)
JAMES MOODY-slow hot wind (moody plays mancini)
GREG OSBY-streetjazz (3-d lifestyles)
MILES DAVIS-blow (doo-bop)
*Bill Charlap Interview Segment
BILL CHARLAP-nice work if you can get it (the American soul)
WES MONTGOMERY-west coast blues (1960)

SHOW #663-664…19-20 NOVEMBER, 2005
Featured artist EARL KLUGH
New release…”Naked Guitar” plus music