[JPL] WDIY Top Plays & Doodlin' Playlist

Mo Noretsky mo.noretsky at verizon.net
Fri Nov 11 13:53:38 EST 2005

WDIY-FM (88.1 and webcasting on wdiy.org)
community public radio/NPR affiliate serving the Lehigh Valley region
of PA
(Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton)
301 Broadway
Bethlehem, PA 18015
610-694-8100
Mo Noretsky, WDIY Jazz Coordinator
mo.noretsky at verizon.net
Top Station Plays - 11/11/05 (20 hours of weekly Jazz/Blues Programming)
Top 10:
Brad Mehldau - Day is Done - Nonesuch
Thelonious Monk w/ John Coltrane - At Carnegie Hall - Blue Note
Marc Johnson - Shades of Jade - ECM
Shirley Horn - But Beautiful - Verve
Clayton Brothers - Back in the Swing of Things - Hyena
Wynton Marsalis - Live at the House of Tribes - Blue Note
Mark Murphy - Once To Every Heart - Verve
Kenny Barron - Live at Bradley's - Sunnyside
Robert Glasper - Canvas - Blue Note
The Great Jazz Trio - S Wonderful - 441 Records
11-20:
Tineke Postma - For The Rhythm - 215 Records
Charlie Haden Liberation Music Orchestra - Not In Our Name - Verve
Reese Project - Vicodin Dreams - 95 North
Betty Joplin - Vision of the Moment - Preserved Moments
Steve Heckman - Live at Yoshi's - World City
Tierney Sutton - I'm With the Band - Telarc
Ron Davis - Shimmering Rhythm - Davinor
Brad Wheeler - Future is Yesterday - Origin
Tim Coffman - Crossroads - Blujazz
Bobo Stenson - Goodbye - ECM
and...
Amina Figarova - September Suite - Munich
Jessica Williams - Live at Yoshi's, Vol. 2 - MaxJazz
Dave Peck - Good Road - Let's Play Stella
Jeremy Pelt - Identity - MaxJazz
Kyle Asche - The Hook Up - OA2
Don Friedman VIP Trio - Timeless - 441 Records
Barbara Morrison - Live at the Dakota - Dakota
Alan Broadbent - 'Round Midnight - Artistry Music
Ben Thomas - Trisaidekaphobia - Origin
Spider Saloff - Like Glass - Kopaesthetics
Gerald Wilson - In My Time - Mack Ave
Laura Welland - Dissertation on the State of Bliss - OA2
Mulgrew Miller - Live At Yoshi's Volume 2 - MaxJazz
Kelley Johnson - Music Is The Magic - Sapphire
Sara Caswell - But Beautiful - Arbors
Richie Hart - Greasy Street - Zoho
Sonido Isleno - Vive Jazz! - Tresero
Kyle Eastwood - Paris Blue - Rendezvous
Hilary Noble & Rebecca Cline - Enclave - Zoho
Marty Ehrlich - News On The Rail - Palmetto
Heather Bennett - Reflections In Red - Apria
Peter Apfelbaum - It Is Written - ACT
Avram Fefer & Bobby Few - Kindred Spirits - Boxholder
Ted Howe - Jazz Soul of Elton John - Summit
Enrico Rava - Tati - ECM
Bill Mays - Live at Jazz Standard - Palmetto
Stryker/Slagle Band - Live at the Jazz Standard - Zoho
Adds:
Dee Dee Bridgewater - J'ai Deux Amours - Sovereign Artists
Alan Broadbent - Round Midnight - Artistry
Donald Harrrison/Ron Carter/Billy Cobham - New York Cool - Half Note
Conrad Herwig - Obligation - Criss Cross
Geoffrey Keezer - Wildcrafted - MaxJazz
Brian Lynch - Conclave - Criss Cross
Houston Person - All Soul - High Note
Jimmy Ponder - What’s New - High Note
Grant Stewart  - +4 - Criss Cross

Doodlin' - November 8, 2005 - Host: Mo Noretsky
Artist - Song - Album - Label
Lambert, Hendricks & Ross - Doodlin' (Theme) - Twisted - Rhino
Ron Davis - Rhythmaron - Shimmering Rhythm - Davinor
Mark O'Connor - Gypsy Fantastic - Hot Swing Trio Live in New York - Omac

Conrad Herwig - Lua Flora - Obligation - Criss Cross
Mark Murphy - It Never Entered My Mind - Once to Every Heart - Verve
Tineke Postma - Song for Sea-Tee - For the Rhythm - Munich

Geoffrey Keezer - Mirrim - Wildcrafted - MaxJazz
Tim Coffman - Sky Dive - Crossroads - BluJazz

Brad Wheeler - The Political Mistral - The Future Was Yesterday - Origin
Avram Fefer & Bobby Few - Kingdom Come - Kindred Spirits - Boxholder
Charlie Haden & LMO - Not In Our Name - Not in Our Name - Verve

Dan Cray - Summer in Central Park - Save Us! - BluJazz
Jimmy Ponder - TNT - What's New - High Note
Barbara Morrison - Don't Go To Strangers - Live at the Dakota - Dakota
Live
Grant Stewart - You Leave Me Breathless - +4 - Criss Cross

Great Jazz Trio - Surrender Dear - 'S Wonderful - 441 Records
Dee Dee Bridgewater - Et Maintenant - J'ai Deux Amours - Sovereign
Artists
Adam Holzman & Brave New World - Miles Runs the Voodoo Down -
JazzRocketScience - Nagel Heyer

Donald Harrrison/Ron Carter/Billy Cobham - Body and Soul - New York
Cool - Half Note
Horace Silver - Doodlin' (Theme) - Best of - Blue Note