[JPL] JzFmS4 WGBH Boston 11/11/05

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Nov 12 00:29:04 EST 2005

Jazz from Studio Four

Friday, Nov 11, 8pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7

SPECIAL FEATURE: ERNESTINE ANDERSON (b.11/11/1928)

8:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
Billy Bang: Reflections, Vietnam: Reflections (Justin Time)
Charlie Haden; Liberation Music Orchestra: Blue Anthem,
Not In Our Name (Verve)

8:29pm
Robert Glasper: Portrait of An Angel,
Live at The RegattaBar, Cambridge, MA (Only on 89.7)
Robert Glasper: Canvas, Canvas (Blue Note)

8:52pm
Donald Harrison: Easy Living, New York Cool (Half Note)

9:01pm
Ernestine Anderson: It's Easy to Remember, Love Makes the Changes (HighNote)
Ernestine Anderson: My One and Only Love, Isn't It Romantic (Koch)
Ernestine Anderson: Hooray For Love, Moanin' (Mercury)

9:20pm
Ernestine Anderson: I Love Being Here With You, Ow! (Concord)
Ernestine Anderson: Tain't Nobody's Bizness If I Do,
Hello Like Before (Concord)
Ernestine Anderson; George Shearing: Body And Soul,
A Perfect Match (Concord)
Gigi Gryce; Ernestine Anderson: Social Call; The One I Love,
Nica's Tempo (Savoy)

9:44pm
Ernestine Anderson: Mad About The Boy; Day Dream; Experiment,
Hot Cargo (Mercury LP)
Ernestine Anderson: Wait Till You See Him, Boogie Down (Concord)

10:06pm
Ernestine Anderson: Never Make your Move Too Soon,
Live at 1990 Concord Jazz Festival (Concord)

10:25pm
Ernestine Anderson: Runnin' Wild; Heat Wave; There Will Never Be Another
You; A Sleepin Bee, Ernestine Anderson (Mercury LP)
Ernestine Anderson: Skylark, Live at The Concord Pavilion (Concord)
Ernestine Anderson; Hank Jones: Spring Is Here, Big City (Concord)
Ernestine Anderson: I'm Just A Lucky So and So,
When The Sun Goes Down (Concord)

10:50pm
Ernestine Anderson: This Time The Dream's On Me; The Party's Over,
Love Makes The Changes (HighNote)

11:02pm
Jerry Gonzalez; The Fort Apache Band: One By One,
Rumba Buhaina (RandoM Chance)
Gerald Cannon: Shorter's Waltz, Gerald Cannon (Woodneck Records)
Marc Johnson: Blue Nefertiti, Shades of Jade (ECM)
Eddie Henderson: Angola, Time & Spaces (Sirocco)

11:31pm
Gerald Wilson Orchestra: Lomelin, In My Time (Mack Avenue)
The Mingus Orchestra: Todo Modo, I Am Three (Sunnyside)

11:52pm
Charlie Haden Orchestra: Goin' Home, Not In Our Name (Verve)

Only on 89.7! performances and recordings are exclusive WGBH Radio
productions and are not commercially available.