[JPL] WNMC-FM Friday Afternoon Jazz

Thomas M "Biz" Bisard mrbiz at torchlake.com
Sat Nov 12 13:55:44 EST 2005

************************************************************************************************************************************

90.7 FM  Traverse City Michigan«««

                          Servin' up a Steamin'
Plate o' Jazz and Other Fine Victuals for a Five
County
Area:
Michigan's Gold Coast, The Jewel of the Midwest
                                38 Years of
Community Public Radio for Northwest Lower Michigan

						^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

                                                        Listen
Online:   <www.wnmc.org>

                                                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

53 hours of Jazz per week (with a bit of
blues-folk-world/international in the mix)  **  9
hours of Blues  **  6 hours of Folk  **  6 hours
of combined Blues/Folk/Roots  **  6 hours of
World/International Music  **  A 3 hour
Avant-Garde Jazz Show  **  A 3 hour
Dance/Electronica Show  **  A  2 hour Funk/Soul
Show  **  A 2 hour of New Age Show  **  A 2 hour
each weekday morning News-Topical-Community drive
time Show (with a bit of music in the mix)  **  A
2 hour Spanish/Latin Show  **  A 2 hour Reggae
Show  **  A 1½ hour 'Live' Show  **  The best of
Indie-Alt-Cutting Edge Rock fills out the weekly schedule

						  ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

                              Eric Hines, general
manager/music director: <ehines at message.nmc.edu>
                 Thomas M "Biz" Bisard, jazz
music director: 1st: <mrbiz at torchlake.com> or 2nd: <TBisard at nmc.edu>
                                   Office: (231)
995-2562         Studio Request Line: (231) 995-1090

						  ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

                   Product, Promotions, etc
to:    WNMC, attn: Eric Hines, station manager or
Biz Bisard, jazz music director
				                    1701 E Front St
				                    Traverse City MI 49686

************************************************************************************************************************************

FRIDAY AFTERNOON JAZZ«««
                                                                                                                                                                                        Biz
<mrbiz at torchlake.com> or <TBisard at nmc.edu>
hosting Novenber 11th 2005 from 2-5 PM in the
oh-so-sunny basement of West Hall on the campus
of Northwestern Michigan College

                                    [
ARTIST     *     Song Title     *     "Album Title"     *     (Label) ]
						¤ = new in rotation

							2 PM

     ¤ - SLAMMIN     *     Thank You - Just Be
Thankful - What Is Hip     *     "All Body Band"     *     (Crosspulse)
	GARY BARTZ NTU TROOP     *     I've Known
Rivers     *     "I've Known Rivers and Other Bodies"     *     (Prestige/CMG)
							break
      ¤ - THE HOT CLUB OF
SANFRANCISCO     *     title
track     *     "Swing This"     *     (self-produced)
      ¤ - THE HOT CLUB OF
SANFRANCISCO     *     While My Guitar Gently
Weeps     *     "Swing This"     *     (self-produced)
concert promo: BILL MILLER     *     Sun
Dog     *     "Spirit Rain"     *     (self-produced)
							pause
concert promo: BILL MILLER     *     title
track     *     "Ghost Dance"     *     (self-produced)
	EDWIN HOLT     *     The Right Reverend of the
Blues     *     "Second Time Around"     *     (Top Cat)
							break
      ¤ - THE GREAT JAZZ TRIO     *     Night
Train     *     "S'Wonderful"     *     (Village/441)
      ¤ - ROBERTO MAGRIS EUROPLANE feat. TONY
LAKATOS     *     What
Blues?     *     "Check-in"     *     (Soul
Note)   US sales: email <info at ncdsales.com or
<northcountry at cadencebuilding.com>
							pause
	CANNONBALL ADDERLEY     *     Stars Fell on
Alabama     *     "Radio Nights"     *     (Hyena)

							3 PM

	BEBO VALDÉS     *     El Solar de
Bebo     *     "Bebo de Cuba"     *     (Calle 54)
	JOHN COLTRANE     *     The Drum
Thing     *     "Crescent"     *     (Impulse/MCA/UMG)
							pause
	MODERN TRADITIONS
ENSEMBLE     *     Chenguei     *     "New Old
Music"     *     (Adventure Music)
      ¤ - GEOFFREY KEEZER     *     Stompin' at
the Savoy     *     "Wildcrafted - Live at the Dakota"     *     (Max Jazz)
							break
request: WEATHER REPORT     *     Blackthorn
Rose     *     "Mysterious Traveller"     *     (Columbia/Sony/BMG...PBBBT!!)
							pause
request: KITTY DONOHUE     *     To
America     *     "As Sparks Fly Upward"     *     (Robeen)
request: SUSAN
TEDESCHI     *     Hampmotized     *     "Wait
for Me"     *     (Tone Cool/Artemis)
	THE ORIGINAL METERS
REUNION     *     Africa     *     "Live in NOLA
on the Sprint/Sanyo Stage 2005"     *     (Munck Music)

							4 PM

	COREY HARRIS     *     The Peach     *     "Daily Bread"     *     (Rounder)
	EARL GILLIAM     *     Screaming
Hog     *     "Texas Doghouse Blues"     *     (Dialtone)
							pause
	SHEMEKIA COPELAND     *     Honey Do that
Voodoo     *     "The Soul Truth"     *     (Alligator)
	MEM SHANNON     *     No Religion     *     "I'm
from Phunkville"     *     (Northernblues Music)
							break
	RAY BARRETTO     *     The View from
Here     *     "Time Was - Time Is"     *     (O+/Harmonia Mundi)
	THE DON MENZA BIG BAND     *     Nina Never
Knew     *     "Menza Lines"     *     (Jazzed Media)
							pause
	AJ FISCHER     *     When He Gets
Bored     *     "Stone House Music Cooperative -
Marquette Edition"     *     (self-produced
	JEFF KREBS     *     Problem by the
Door     *     "Stone House Music Cooperative -
Marquette Edition"     *     (self-produced)
							break
	WOODY WITT QUINTET w/ RANDY
BRECKER     *     Much More to
Say     *     "Square Peg, Round Hole"     *     (Apria)
      ¤ - SLAMMIN     *     Freedom Jazz
Dance     *     "All-Body
Band"     *       (Crosspulse)

						     ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Weekly top 10 jazz and 5 jazz adds available at
CMJ. We also report to 'Living Blues' top 25.
We're working on reporting our folk/roots music,
too. I apologize for my s-l-o-w-n-e-s-s in
keeping up with tracking information. It's a
shared task that we're sorting out and always a work in progress.

If you'd like to be taken off this list, just
drop me a line......(if you'd like to be on it, I
guess I'll have to figure that out my own self!)

Have a GREAT weekend all!
     Biz