[JPL] Playlist: Modern Jazz Classics

Bob Stockton drbob456 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 13 07:58:26 EST 2005

Modern Jazz Classics is heard an aggregate 40 hours each week via our
broadcast and internet partners, reaching a domestic and international
audience potential of more than 1.7 million.

Got a late night spot to fill? MJC is available to qualified outlets at no
cost.

MJC - 150

Theme and intro - George Cotsirilos - On Green Dolphin Street

Hour 1: Shirley Horn and others

Shirley Horn / Jelly, Jelly / But Beautiful / Verve
Ray Brown / Sister Sadie / Opus De Funk / Prestige
Peggy Lee-George Shearing / Always True To You In My Fashion / Beauty And
The Beat / Capitol Jazz
Shirley Horn / Loads Of Love / But Beautiful / Verve
Diva / Nat Cole Medley / TNT: A Tommy Newsom Tribute / Lightyear
Shirley Horn / I Didn't Know What Time It Was / But Beautiful / Verve
The Great Jazz Trio / Days Of Wine And Roses / 'S Wonderful / 441 Records
Joe Williams / Shake, Rattle And Roll / Every Night / Verve
Shirley Horn / I Just Found Out About Love / But Beautiful / Verve
The Clayton Brothers / Critical Mass / Back In The Swing Of Things / Hyena
Count Basie / This Could Be The Start Of Something New / Live At The Sands /
Reprise

Top of hour 1 and sweep - Cannonball Adderly - Spontaneous Combustion

Hour 2 - Some recent jazz birthdays

John LaBarbera (11/10) / Over F / Fantazm / Jazz Compass
Hubert Laws (11/10) / Killer Joe / Walking In Space (Quincy Jones) / A & M
Chris Connor (11/8) / Lullaby Of Birdland / Lullabys Of Birdland / Bethlehem
Billy May (11/10) / Lean Baby / Billy's Best / Proper
Houston Person (11/10) / Blues Everywhere / Oasis (Shirley Scott) / Muse
Ray Brown (11/7) / Taco With A Pork Chop / Super Bass 2 / Telarc Jazz
Mose Allison (11/11) / Top 40 / Jazz Profile 009 / Blue Note
Sam Jones (11/12) / Lisa / Merry Olde Soul (Victor Feldman) / Riverside OJC
Ernestine Anderson (11/11) / Please Send Me Someone To Love / Dexterity
(George Shearing) / Concord Jazz
Charlie Mariano (11/12) / Stella By Starlight / Stan Kenton: The Complete
Capitol Recordings Of The Holman And Russo Charts / Mosaic

Bob ("Dr. Bob") Stockton, Host/Producer
Modern Jazz Classics From Amelia Island
3956 Arbor Lake Circle
Jacksonville, Fl. 32225-1681