[JPL] Promotional Posts On JPL

MFA - Jazz Publicity & Radio Promotion MitchellFeldmanAssociates at Comcast.net
Thu Nov 17 05:35:31 EST 2005

Jerry Atkins and Tom Bingham are missing the point.  This issue is
not about Kate Smith nor her qualities as a radio promoter or a
person.  It's about keeping things appearing in the previous JPL
Digest like requests for personal copies of promos (Jim Eigo to Kate)
and plugs for one's CDs (Lowell Pickett to Matt Merewitz) OFF the
board so things like Blaise's request for info about how to get a
certain CD from Concord, Lois's post RE: the SONY chip fiasco and
Roy's posting of links to relevant articles can be ON the board.

Tom --  It is difficult to service all on-air hosts as opposed to
stations but you have just been added to my jazz radio promo e-mail
list to which I send a weekly "blast" totally inappropriate for
posting on the JPL.  This serves to notify people of projects and is
the appropriate place -- outside buying the JPL weekly banner add
space -- for pitches and hype. If for some reason you do not receive
a CD you are interested in just write and request it.

Jerry - neither you nor your station are on my promo list but you do
get sent my weekly e-mail.  To date you have never requested a CD
from me so I can't be one of your "grateful exceptions."  I wouldn't
post that promo e-mail at JPL since this is not the forum for doing
so yet I don't know everyone out there who could merit servicing with
CDs.  Quite frankly, I feel it is a programmer's responsibility to
reach out to request service if not receiving product.

One suggestion for Ed:  The Jazz Week site has an area for retail
info and an area for station info.  Perhaps an  area listing contact
info for promoters / labels could be created where people can go and
find out for themselves who the various radio promoters are or which
labels are being promoted by whom (either on staff or on retainer).

Mitchell

MFA
Publicity, Radio Promotion & Consulting
For The International Jazz Community

Mitchell Feldman Associates
3432 Quivas Street #2
Denver, CO 80211 / USA
Phone:    303.433.0021
Cell:        303.641.4783
MitchellFeldmanAssociates at Comcast.net