[JPL] WDIY Top Plays & Doodlin' Playlist

Mo Noretsky mo.noretsky at verizon.net
Wed Nov 16 20:36:15 EST 2005

Subject: WDIY Top Plays & Doodlin' Playlist

WDIY-FM (88.1 and webcasting on wdiy.org)
community public radio/NPR affiliate serving the Lehigh Valley region
of PA
(Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton)
301 Broadway
Bethlehem, PA 18015
610-694-8100
Mo Noretsky, WDIY Jazz Coordinator
mo.noretsky at verizon.net
Top Station Plays - 11/16/05 (20 hours of weekly Jazz/Blues Programming)
Top 10:
Thelonious Monk w/ John Coltrane - At Carnegie Hall - Blue Note
Brad Mehldau - Day is Done - Nonesuch
Shirley Horn - But Beautiful - Verve
Clayton Brothers - Back in the Swing of Things - Hyena
Marc Johnson - Shades of Jade - ECM
Wynton Marsalis - Live at the House of Tribes - Blue Note
Mark Murphy - Once To Every Heart - Verve
Kenny Barron - Live at Bradley's - Sunnyside
Dee Dee Bridgewater - J'ai Deux Amours - Sovereign Artists
The Great Jazz Trio - S Wonderful - 441 Records
11-20:
Tineke Postma - For The Rhythm - 215 Records
Robert Glasper - Canvas - Blue Note
Houston Person - All Soul - High Note
Reese Project - Vicodin Dreams - 95 North
Betty Joplin - Vision of the Moment - Preserved Moments
Grant Stewart  - +4 - Criss Cross
Jimmy Ponder - What’s New - High Note
Geoffrey Keezer - Wildcrafted - MaxJazz
Donald Harrrison/Ron Carter/Billy Cobham - New York Cool - Half Note
Amina Figarova - September Suite - Munich
and...
Alan Broadbent - Round Midnight - Artistry
Conrad Herwig - Obligation - Criss Cross
Don Friedman VIP Trio - Timeless - 441 Records
Brian Lynch - Conclave - Criss Cross
Charlie Haden Liberation Music Orchestra - Not In Our Name - Verve
Steve Heckman - Live at Yoshi's - World City
Tierney Sutton - I'm With the Band - Telarc
Ron Davis - Shimmering Rhythm - Davinor
Brad Wheeler - Future is Yesterday - Origin
Tim Coffman - Crossroads - Blujazz
Bobo Stenson - Goodbye - ECM
Jeremy Pelt - Identity - MaxJazz
Kyle Asche - The Hook Up - OA2
Barbara Morrison - Live at the Dakota - Dakota
Alan Broadbent - 'Round Midnight - Artistry Music
Ben Thomas - Trisaidekaphobia - Origin
Spider Saloff - Like Glass - Kopaesthetics
Laura Welland - Dissertation on the State of Bliss - OA2
Kyle Eastwood - Paris Blue - Rendezvous
Hilary Noble & Rebecca Cline - Enclave - Zoho
Marty Ehrlich - News On The Rail - Palmetto
Heather Bennett - Reflections In Red - Apria
Mulgrew Miller - Live At Yoshi's Volume 2 - MaxJazz
Kelley Johnson - Music Is The Magic - Sapphire
Gerald Wilson - In My Time - Mack Ave
Peter Apfelbaum - It Is Written - ACT
Jessica Williams - Live at Yoshi's, Vol. 2 - MaxJazz
Dave Peck - Good Road - Let's Play Stella
Richie Hart - Greasy Street - Zoho
Sonido Isleno - Vive Jazz! - Tresero
Adds:
Mike LeDonne - Night Song - Savant
Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra - Don't Be Afraid - Palmetto
Herlin Riley - Cream of the Crescent - Criss Cross

Doodlin' - November 15, 2005 - Host: Mo Noretsky
Artist - Song - Album - Label
Lambert, Hendricks & Ross - Doodlin' (Theme) - Twisted - Rhino
JC Hopkins Biggish Band - Small Town - Underneath a Brooklyn Moon -
Tigerlily
Houston Person - Wonderland - All Soul - High Note
Ted Howe - Benny & the Jets - Elton Exposed - Summit

Grant Stewart - You 'n' Me - +4 - Criss Cross
Mike LeDonne - After the Rain - Night Song - Savant
Daisuke Abe w/ Gretchen Parlato - Leaving - On My Way Back Home - Nagel
Heyer
Don Friedman - Alone Together - Timeless - 441 Records

Bill Frisell - I Heard It Through the Grapevine - East/West - Nonesuch

Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra - Don't Be Afraid - Don't Be Afraid -
Palmetto
Amina Figarova - When the Lights Go Down - September Suite - Munich
Kelley Johnson - Moon and Sand - Music is the Magic - Sapphire
Marc Johnson - Blue Nefertiti - Shades of Jade - ECM

Herlin Riley - Ti Ci Li - Cream of the Crescent - Criss Cross
Ken Clark - Mutual Respect - Mutual Respect - Severn
The Resse Project - Like Booze in the Night - Vicodin Dreams - 95 North

Jaspects - To Quote My Heroes - In House Sesssions - Jaspects
Horace Silver - Doodlin' (Theme) - Best of - Blue Note