[JPL] Playlist: Modern Jazz Classics

Bob Stockton drbob456 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 18 10:09:00 EST 2005

Modern Jazz Classics is heard an aggregate 40 hours each week via our
broadcast and internet partners, reaching a domestic and international
audience of more than 1.7 million.

Got a late night spot to fill? We'll fill it at no cost to you!

MJC - 151: The 4/2/1954 Sarah Vaughan  "Swingin' Easy" EmArcy recording date
with the trio
                 (John Malachi-p, Joe Benjamin-b, Roy Haynes-d).

Theme and intro - Lou Caputo - On Green Dolphin Street

Sarah Vaughan / Lover Man / Shuli A Bop / Proper Records
Laszlo Gordony / The Other One / Behind Open Doors / Sunnyside
Noel Freidline Quartet / My Shining Hour(Johnny Mercer, 11/18) The Stranger
Is Me / Free Lion
Sarah Vaughan / Title Track / Shuli A Bop / Proper Records
Hampton Hawes(11/13) / Blues Enough / Blues For Bud / 1201 Music
Shirley Scott / Senor Blues / Opus De Funk / Prestige
Sarah Vaughan / Polka Dots And Moonbeams / Shuli A Bop / Proper Records
Sherrie Maricle And Diva / Remember Medley / TNT / Lightyear
Vault Selection: Tommy Dorsey(11/19) / I'm Getting Sentimental Over You /
Tommy Dorsey And His Orchestra / Nostalgia Arts / 1935
Sarah Vaughan / Body And Soul / Shuli A Bop / Proper Records
Don Friedman VIP Trio / 'Round Midnight / Timeless / 441 Records

Top of hour sweep - Cal Tjader - Lover Come Back To Me

Sarah Vaughan / They Can't Take That Away From Me / Shuli A Bop / Proper
Records
Sal Salvador(11/21) / Lime Light / A Tribute To Gerry Mulligan / Stash
Kurt Elling / What's Your Choice, Rolls Royce / Pink Elephant Magic /
Arkadia Jazz
Sarah Vaughan / Prelude To A Kiss / Shuli A Bop / Proper Records
The Clayton Brothers / Professor T / Back In The Swing Of Things / Hyena
Vault Selection: June Christy(11/20) / You're Blase' / The The Complete
Peggy Lee & June Christy Capitol Transcription Sessions / Mosaic / 1946
Sarah Vaughan / You Hit The Spot / Shuli A Bop / Proper Records
Jerome Richardson(11/15) / Blue Flute / Outskirts Of Town / Prestige OJC
Daina Krall / Stop This World / The Girl In The Other Room / Verve
Sarah Vaughan / If I Knew Then / Shuli A Bop / Proper Records
The Great Jazz Trio / I Surrender Dear / 'S Wonderful / 441 Records
Nat "King" Cole / Baby Won't You Please Come Home / Big Band Cole / Capitol
Jazz

Top of hour sweep and sign off - Quincy Jones - Stockholm Sweetnin'

Bob ("Dr. Bob") Stockton, Host/Producer
Modern Jazz Classics From Amelia Island
3956 Arbor Lake Circle
Jacksonville, Fl. 32225-1681