[JPL] top 30 new jazz releases for week of November 14--South Dakota Public Broadcasting

Jim.Clark at state.sd.us Jim.Clark at state.sd.us
Fri Nov 18 18:29:23 EST 2005

Hi Jazz Folks:      Here are the top 30 new jazz releases I've been
featuring on my "Jazz Nightly" show for the week of November 14.
Regards,

Jim Clark
Jazz Music Director/Host
South Dakota Public Broadcasting Network/Radio
Vermillion, South Dakota

TOP 3 PICKS OF THE WEEK...5 SPINS

1)--The Clayton Brothers---"Back In The Swing Of Things"      Hyena
Records

2)--Sherrie Maricle and the Diva Jazz Orchestra---"TNT--A Tommy Newsome
Tribute"        Lightyear

3)--Jimmy Ponder---"What's New"      High Note

HEAVY AIRPLAY....3 SPINS

John LaBarbera Big Band----"Fantazm"    Jazz Compass

Buddy Charles Concert Jazz Orchestra---"We're Here"       Jazzed Media

Mike LeDonne---"Night Song"       Savant

Thelonious Monk Quartet with John Coltrane---"Thelonious Monk Quartet
with John Coltrane at Carnegie Hall"      Blue Note

Houston Person---"All Soul"       High Note

Mark Murphy---"Once To Every Heart"       Verve

Eric Alexander and Vincent Herring---"The Battle--Live at Smoke"    High
Note

The Brian Swartz Quartet Featuring Bob Florence---"Live at the Jazz
Bakery"       Summit Records

Steve Heckman Quartet---"Live at Yoshi's"       World City Music

Kyle Asche Organ Trio---"The Hook Up"       OA2 Records

Pat Longo and His Hollywood Jazz Band---"Extreme Heat"        Jazzed
Media

Mark Sherman---"One Step Closer"       CAP

Gerald Wilson Orchestra----"In My Time"      Mack Avenue Records

Kenny Barron Trio---"The Perfect Set, Live at Bradley's II"
Sunnyside

Woody Witt Quintet---"Square Peg, Round Hole"       Apria Records

Jessica Williams---Live at Yoshi's, Volume Two"       Max Jazz

Sonny Rollins---"Without a Song--The 9/11 Concert"      Milestone

MEDIUM AIRPLAY....2 SPINS

Stan Hope---"Put On A Happy Face"    Savant

Wynton Marsalis---"Live at the House of Tribes"      Blue Note

Tom Ranier and Glenn Cashman---"Blue In Green"       Primrose Lane Music

Joan Crowe---"Bird On The Wire"      Joan Crowe Music

Tierney Sutton---"I'm With The Band"       Telarc

Reuben Wilson---"Fun House"       Savant

Scott Hamilton----"Back in New York"    Concord

Richie Cole and the Alto Madness Orchestra---"Back On Top"      Jazz
Excursion Records

Dave Valentin---"World On A String"       High Note

Bucky Pizzarelli and Frank Vignola---"Moonglow"      Hyena Records

jc