[JPL] RE: top 30 new jazz releases for week of November 14--South Dakota Public Broadcasting

Jim.Clark at state.sd.us Jim.Clark at state.sd.us
Fri Nov 18 18:30:23 EST 2005

	Hi Jazz Folks:      Here are the top 30 new jazz releases I've
been featuring on my "Jazz Nightly" show for the week of November 14.
Regards,

	Jim Clark
	Jazz Music Director/Host
	South Dakota Public Broadcasting Network/Radio
	Vermillion, South Dakota

	TOP 3 PICKS OF THE WEEK...5 SPINS

	1)--The Clayton Brothers---"Back In The Swing Of Things"
Hyena Records

	2)--Sherrie Maricle and the Diva Jazz Orchestra---"TNT--A Tommy
Newsome Tribute"        Lightyear

	3)--Jimmy Ponder---"What's New"      High Note

	HEAVY AIRPLAY....3 SPINS

	John LaBarbera Big Band----"Fantazm"    Jazz Compass

	Buddy Charles Concert Jazz Orchestra---"We're Here"       Jazzed
Media

	Mike LeDonne---"Night Song"       Savant

	Thelonious Monk Quartet with John Coltrane---"Thelonious Monk
Quartet with John Coltrane at Carnegie Hall"      Blue Note

	Houston Person---"All Soul"       High Note

	Mark Murphy---"Once To Every Heart"       Verve

	Eric Alexander and Vincent Herring---"The Battle--Live at Smoke"
High Note

	The Brian Swartz Quartet Featuring Bob Florence---"Live at the
Jazz Bakery"       Summit Records

	Steve Heckman Quartet---"Live at Yoshi's"       World City Music

	Kyle Asche Organ Trio---"The Hook Up"       OA2 Records

	Pat Longo and His Hollywood Jazz Band---"Extreme Heat"
Jazzed Media

	Mark Sherman---"One Step Closer"       CAP

	Gerald Wilson Orchestra----"In My Time"      Mack Avenue Records

	Kenny Barron Trio---"The Perfect Set, Live at Bradley's II"
Sunnyside

	Woody Witt Quintet---"Square Peg, Round Hole"       Apria
Records

	Jessica Williams---Live at Yoshi's, Volume Two"       Max Jazz

	Sonny Rollins---"Without a Song--The 9/11 Concert"
Milestone

	MEDIUM AIRPLAY....2 SPINS

	Stan Hope---"Put On A Happy Face"    Savant

	Wynton Marsalis---"Live at the House of Tribes"      Blue Note

	Tom Ranier and Glenn Cashman---"Blue In Green"       Primrose
Lane Music

	Joan Crowe---"Bird On The Wire"      Joan Crowe Music

	Tierney Sutton---"I'm With The Band"       Telarc

	Reuben Wilson---"Fun House"       Savant

	Scott Hamilton----"Back in New York"    Concord

	Richie Cole and the Alto Madness Orchestra---"Back On Top"
Jazz Excursion Records

	Dave Valentin---"World On A String"       High Note

	Bucky Pizzarelli and Frank Vignola---"Moonglow"      Hyena
Records

	jc