[JPL] WNMC-FM Friday Afternoon Jazz

Thomas M "Biz" Bisard mrbiz at torchlake.com
Sat Nov 19 14:12:08 EST 2005

************************************************************************************************************************************

90.7 FM  Traverse City Michigan«««

                          Servin' up a Steamin'
Plate o' Jazz and Other Fine Victuals for a Five
County
Area:
Michigan's Gold Coast, The Jewel of the Midwest
                                38 Years of
Community Public Radio for Northwest Lower Michigan

						^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

                                                        Listen
Online:   <www.wnmc.org>

                                                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

53 hours of Jazz per week (with a bit of
blues-folk-world/international in the mix)  **  9
hours of Blues  **  6 hours of Folk  **  6 hours
of combined Blues/Folk/Roots  **  6 hours of
World/International Music  **  A 3 hour
Avant-Garde Jazz Show  **  A 3 hour
Dance/Electronica Show  **  A  2 hour Funk/Soul
Show  **  A 2 hour of New Age Show  **  A 2 hour
each weekday morning News-Topical-Community drive
time Show (with a bit of music in the mix)  **  A
2 hour Spanish/Latin Show  **  A 2 hour Reggae
Show  **  A 1½ hour 'Live' Show  **  The best of
Indie-Alt-Cutting Edge Rock fills out the weekly schedule

						  ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

                              Eric Hines, general
manager/music director: <ehines at message.nmc.edu>
                 Thomas M "Biz" Bisard, jazz
music director: 1st: <mrbiz at torchlake.com> or 2nd: <TBisard at nmc.edu>
                                   Office: (231)
995-2562         Studio Request Line: (231) 995-1090

						  ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

                   Product, Promotions, etc
to:    WNMC, attn: Eric Hines, station manager or
Biz Bisard, jazz music director
				                    1701 E Front St
				                    Traverse City MI 49686

************************************************************************************************************************************

FRIDAY AFTERNOON JAZZ«««
                                                                                                                                                                                        Biz
<mrbiz at torchlake.com> or <TBisard at nmc.edu>
hosting November 18th 2005 from 2-5 PM in the
oh-so-sunny basement of West Hall on the campus
of Northwestern Michigan College

                                    [
ARTIST     *     Song Title     *     "Album Title"     *     (Label) ]

							2 PM

	ALA CARTE BRASS & PERCUSSION     *     Hey Pocky
Way     *     "Satchmo 'n Soul"     *     (Wildchild)
							pause
	RICHARD FREITAS     *     Taunt Me
Forever     *     "Tootsie Tunes"     *     (The Dovetail Group, Inc.)
	DAVE VAN
RONK     *     Blackbird     *     "Sweet and Lowdown"     *     (Justin Time)
	EVITA COBO     *     If You Could See Me
Now     *     "Invitation"     *     (self-produced)
							BREAK
	AVRAM FEFER & BOBBY FEW     *     Orange Was the
Color of Her Dress then Blue
Silk     *     "Kindred Spirits"     *     (Boxholder)
	MARK O'CONNOR'S HOT SWING TRIO     *     Funky
Swing     *     "Live in New York"     *     (Omac)
							BREAK
	THE TOM RUSSELL BAND     *     Gallo del
Ciello     *     "Raw Vision"     *     (Philo/Rounder)
	JOE WEST     *     Straight Man in a Gay
World     *     "The Human Cannonball"     *     (Frogville)
	WYNONIE HARRIS w/ ILLINOIS
JACQUET     *     Wynonie's Blues     *     "West
Coast Jive"     *     (Delmark)
							pause
	THE WHITEFIELD
BROTHERS     *     Thunderbird     *     "In the Raw"     *     (Soul Fire)

							3 PM

	GREGG AUGUST     *     Sweet
Maladie     *     "Late August"     *     (Iacuessa)
	HERBIE HANCOCK     *     Dolphin
Dance     *     "Maiden Voyage"     *     (Blue Note/EMI)
	BARBARA MORRISON     *     Mean to
Me     *     "Live at the Dakota"     *     (Dakota Live!)
							BREAK
	WOODY HERMAN     *     Cousins     *     "Woody
Herman Memorial - The 40th Anniversary Carnegie
Hall Concert"     *     (Bluebird/RCA/Sony/BMG)
	CLAIRDEE     *     Quiet Night of Quiet Stars
[Corcvado]     *     "Music Moves"     *     (Declare/Hyena)
	MILES DAVIS     *     Flamenco Sketches [alt.
take]     *     "Kind of Blue"     *     (Columbia/Legacy/Sony/BMG)
							pause
	WESTERN MICHIGAN JAZZ
ORCHESTRA     *     Antoine     *     "Boogaloo
Land"     *     (Sea Breeze Vista)
	HAPA     *     Twinkle Toes     *     "Maui"     *     (Outrigger)
	OREGON     *     Dark     *     "Prime"     *     (Cam Jazz)

							4 PM

	DENNIS PALMER     *     Little
Rivers     *     "Upland"     *     (self-produced)
	SAM BUSH     *     Puppies 'n
Knapsacks     *     "King of My World"     *     (Sugar Hill)
	WEATHER REPORT     *     Cucumber
Slumber     *     "Mysterious Traveller"     *     (Columbia/Sony/BMG)
							BREAK
	WOODY WITT QUINTET w/ RANDY
BECKER     *     Childlike     *     "Square Peg, Round Hole"     *     (Apria)
							pause
request: B. B. KING w/ ERIC CLAPTON     *     The
Thrill Is Gone     *     "B. B. King & Friends - 80"     *     (Chronicle/UMG)
request: ELIZA GILKYSON     *     Runnin
Away     *     "Land of Milk and Honey"     *     (Red House)
	COCO ROBICHEAUX     *     Work of the
Devil     *     "Yea U Rite!"     *     (self-produced)
							BREAK
	MACEO PARKER     *     Arts &
Crafts     *     "School's In!"     *     (BHM/Navarre)
	CRUSADERS     *     Spiral     *     "The Golden
Years - best of"     *     (GRP/UMG)
	WILLIE MARTINEZ LA FAMILIA
SEXTET     *     Makin' Walt Run     *     "Family"     *     (Cuch Be Witcha)
							pause
	TOWER OF POWER     *     Git Yo' Feet Back on
the Ground     *     "self-titled"     *     (Warner Bros/WMG)

						     ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Weekly top 10 jazz and 5 jazz adds available at
CMJ. We also report to 'Living Blues' top 25. I
apologize for my s-l-o-w-n-e-s-s in keeping up
with tracking information. It's a shared task
that we're sorting out and always a work in progress.

If you'd like to be taken off this list, just
drop me a line......(if you'd like to be on it, I
guess I'll have to figure that out my own self!)

Have a GREAT weekend all!
     Biz