[JPL] WNMC-FM Weekly Jazz, Avant-Garde Jazz & World/International Spins 11/11 - 11/17

Thomas M "Biz" Bisard mrbiz at torchlake.com
Sat Nov 19 10:43:12 EST 2005

************************************************************************************************************************************

WNMC 90.7 FM  Traverse City Michigan «««

                          Servin' up a Steamin'
Plate o' Jazz and Other Fine Victuals for a Five
County
Area:
Michigan's Gold Coast, The Jewel of the Midwest
                                38 Years of
Community Public Radio for Northwest Lower Michigan

                                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Listen Online:   <www.wnmc.org> ««««

                                                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

53 hours of Jazz per week (with a bit of
blues-folk-world/international in the mix)  **  9
hours of Blues  **  6 hours of Folk  **  6 hours
of combined Blues/Folk/Roots  **  6 hours of
World/International Music  **  A 3 hour
Avant-Garde Jazz Show  **  A 3 hour
Dance/Electronica Show  **  A  2 hour Funk/Soul
Show  **  A 2 hour of New Age Show  **  A 2 hour
each weekday morning News-Topical-Community drive
time Show (with a bit of music in the mix)  **  A
2 hour Spanish/Latin Show  **  A 2 hour Reggae
Show  **  A 1½ hour 'Live' Show  **  The best of
Indie-Alt-Cutting Edge Rock fills out the weekly schedule

                                                     ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

                              Eric Hines, general
manager/music director: <ehines at message.nmc.edu>
                 Tom "Biz" Bisard, jazz music
director: 1st: <mrbiz at torchlake.com> or 2nd: <TBisard at nmc.edu>
                         Jen Medlin-Lloyd, AG/out
jazz music director: <jemedlin at message.nmc.edu>
                            Linnaea Melcarek,
world/international music director: <linnaea at message.nmc.edu>

                                        Office:
(231) 995-2562         Studio Request Line: (231) 995-1090

                                                      ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

               >>>Product, Promotions, etc to:   WNMC
                                                                 attn:
Eric Hines, station manager
                                                                 or
Biz Bisard, jazz music director
                                                                 or
Jen Medlin-Lloyd, AG/out jazz music director
                                                                 or
Linnaea Melcarek, WB/world/international music director
                                                                 1701
E Front St
                                                      Traverse City MI 49686

************************************************************************************************************************************

                                                       ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Avant-Garde (AG) Jazz & World/International (WB) Spins  <<<<
                                   November 11th
- 17th 2005. Reported to me down to 2 plays

                                                  [ARTIST
*     "Album"     *     (Label)]
                                                              AG = avant-garde
                                                 WB = world/international

                                                        ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

                                                         9 SPINS

         THE CLAYTON BROTHERS     *     "Back in
the Swing of Things"     *     (Hyena)

                                                         8 SPINS

         GEOFFREY KEEZER     *     "Wildcrafted -
Live at the Dakota"     *     (Max Jazz)

                                                         7 SPINS

         AFFINITY     *     "Route 66"     *     (JaHu/Rhombus)

                                                         6 SPINS

         CANNONBALL ADDERLEY     *     "Radio Nights"     *     (Hyena)
         THE HOT CLUB OF SAN
FRANCISCO     *     "Swing This"     *     (self-produced)
         BETTY JOPLIN     *     "Visions of the
Moment"     *     (Preserved Moments)
         SLAMMIN     *     "All-Body Band"     *     (Crosspulse)

                                                         5 SPINS

         MARC JOHNSON     *     "Shades of Jade"     *     (ECM)
         ROBERTO MAGRIS EUROPLANE feat. TONY
LAKATOS     *     "Check-in"     *     (Soul Note)
         SOULIVE     *     "Break Out"     *     (Concord/CMG)

                                                         4 SPINS

         JOAN CROWE     *     "Bird on the Wire"     *     (self-produced)
  WB - CURUMIN     *     "Acados e Perdidos"     *     (Quannum Projects)
         THE RON DAVIS TRIO     *     "Shimmering Rhythm"     *     (Davinor)
  WB - CRAIG EINHORN     *     "Choros"     *     (Unicorn Productions)
         ROBERT GLASPER     *     "Canvas"     *     (Blue Note/EMI)
         THE GREAT JAZZ TRIO     *     "S'Wonderful"     *     (Village/441)
         CURT HANRAHAN SEPTET     *     "To Be Again"     *     (Blujazz)
   AG - STEVE LEHMAN     *     "Demian as Posthuman"     *     (Pi)
  WB - SONNY LIM     *     "Slack Key Guitar: The
Artistry of Sonny Lim"     *     (Palm)
         THE DON MENZA BIG BAND     *     "Menza
Lines"     *     (Jazzed Media)
         PEARL DJANGO     *     "Chasing Shadows"     *     (Modern Hot)
         JEREMY PELT     *     "Identity"     *     (Max Jazz)
  WB - ALI FARKA TOURÉ & TOUMANI
DIABATE     *     "In the Heart of the Moon"     *     (Nonesuch/World Circuit)
  WB - VARIOUS ARTISTS     *     "The Rough Guide
to Salsa Dance"     *     (World Music Network)
         WESTERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY JAZZ
ORCHESTRA     *     "Boogaloo Land"     *     (Sea Breeze Vista)
         WOODY WITT QUINTET w/ RANDY
BRECKER     *     "Square Peg, Round Hole"     *     (Apria)

                                                         3 SPINS

         ANTONIO ARNEDO     *     "Colombia"     *     (Adventure Music)
         THE KYLE ASCHE ORGAN TRIO     *     "The Hook Up"     *     (OA2)
         GREGG AUGUST     *     "Late August"     *     (Iacuessa)
  WB - SUNJUL CISSOKO & MARHAWA KOUYATE     *     "Akakaje"     *     (Alula)
         THE DAN CRAY TRIO     *     "Save Us!"     *     (Blujazz)
         ALEXANDRE CUNHA     *     "Batepapo"     *     (self-produced)
         EBONY & IVORY     *     "Red Hot"     *     (Gilpin Publishing)
         HORNHEADS     *     "Fat Lip"     *     (Bone 2 B Wild Music)
         JASPECTS     *     "In 'House' Sessions..."     *     (self-produced)
  WB - LADYSMITH BLACK MAMBAZO     *     "The
Chillout Sessions"     *     (Rasa)
         BRAD MEHLDAU TRIO     *     "Day Is Done"     *     (Nonesuch)
         MODERN TRADITIONS
ENSEMBLE     *     "New Old Music"     *     (Adventure Music)
         SARAH MORROW & THE AMERICAN ALL-STARS IN
PARIS feat. RHODA SCOTT & HAL
SINGER     *     "self-titled"     *     (O+ Music)
         MARK MURPHY     *     "Once to Every Heart"     *     (Verve/UMG)
         BUCKY PIZZARELLI & FRANK
VIGNOLA     *     "Moonglow"     *     (Hyena)
  WB - ANOUSHKA SHANKAR     *     "Rise"     *     (Angel)
         KENICHI TSUNODA BIG BAND     *     "For
J. G."     *     (Sea Breeze Jazz)

                                                         2 SPINS

  WB - AFRO CELT SOUND SYSTEM     *     "Anatomic"     *     (Real World)
  WB - AMADOU & MARIAM     *     "Dimanche a Bamako"     *     (Nonesuch)
  WB - DABY BALDE     *     "Introducing Daby
Balde"     *     (World Music Network)
         RAY BARRETTO     *     "Time Was - Time
Is"     *     (O+ Music/Harmonia Mundi)
         KENNY BARRON TRIO     *     "The Perfect
Set - Live at Bradley's II"     *     (Sunnyside)
         MAURICE BROWN     *     "Hip to Bop"     (Brown)
         JACKIE COON     *     "The Joys of New
Orleans"     *     (Arbors Jazz)
         ORBERT DAVIS     *     "Blue Notes"     *     (3 Sixteen)
   AG - DAVE DOUGLAS     *     "Keystone"     *     (Greenleaf)
         JOE FINN QUARTET     *     "String Theory"     *     (self-produced)
         RICHARD FREITAS     *     "Tootsie
Tunes"     *     (The Dovetail Group, Inc.)
         ALEX GRAHAM     *     "Grand - Live in
New York"     *     (self-produced)
         HERBIE HANCOCK     *     "Possibilities"     *     (Hear Music/Vector)
  WB - HAPA     *     "Maui"     *     (BMI)
         DONALD HARRISON - RON CARTER - BILLY
COBHAM     *     "New York Cool - Live at the Blue Note"     (Half Note)
         SHIRLEY HORN     *     "But Beautiful - best of"     *     (Verve/UMG)
         TED HOWE     *     "Elton Exposed:
Revealinf the Jazz Soul of Elton John"     *     (Summit)
         BUJO KEVIN JONES     *     "Tenth World"     *     (Motéma)
         JOHN LABARBERA BIG BAND     *     "Fantazm"     *     (Jazz Compass)
         MIKE MARSHALL     *     "Brazil Duets"     *     (Adventure Music)
         HENDRIK MEURKENS     *     "Amazon
River"     *     (Blue Toucan Music)
         MIAMI SAXOPHONE
QUARTET     *     "Midnight Rhumba"     *     (Fourtitude)
         BARBARA MORRISON     *     "Live at the
Dakota Vol. 2"     *     (Dakota Live!)
         CALVIN NEWBORN     *     "Up City"     *     (Yellow Dog)
         MARK O'CONNOR'S HOT SWING
TRIO     *     "Live in New York"     *     (Omac)
         OREGON     *     "Prime"     *     (Cam Jazz)
  WB - IVO PAPASOV & YURI
YUNAKOV     *     "Together Again"     *     (T Crossing Music/BMI)
  WB - RAQUY & THE CAVEMEN     *     "Jordan"     *     (Meef)
         TAB SMITH     *     "Crazy Walk"     *     (Delmark)
         NICOLA STILO & TONINHO
HORTA     *     "Duets"     *     (Adventure Music)
         TIERNEY SUTTON     *     "I'm with the Band"     *     (Telarc)
         BEBO VALDÉS     *     "Bebo de Cuba"     *     (Calle 54)
         DAVE VALENTIN     *"World on a String"     *     (HighNote)
  WB - VARIOUS ARTISTS     *     "Asian Lounge"     *     (Putumayo)
  WB - VARIUOS ARTISTS     *     "Swinging
Mademoiselles"     *     (Silva America)
         EZRA WEISS     *     "Persephone"     *     (Umoja)
         GERALD WILSON ORCHESTRA     *     "In My Time"     *     (Mack Avenue)

                                                         ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

62 of 100 new or reissued cd's (reported down to
2 spins) from our current jazz rotation were
played. 2 of 20 new or reissued discs (down to 2
plays) from our avant-garde jazz rotation were
spun. 16 of 40 world/international cd's (reported
down to 2 spins) received play. There are no ADDS
or ARCHIVES this week. Weekly top 10 jazz and 5
jazz adds are available at CMJ. We also report to
'Living Blues' top 25. We're working on reporting
our folk/roots music, too. I apologize for my
s-l-o-w-n-e-s-s in keeping up with tracking
information. It's a shared task that we're
sorting out and always a work in progress.

If you'd like to be taken off this list, just
drop me a line......(if you'd like to be on it, I
guess I'll have to figure that out my own self!)

Have a GREAT weekend all!
     Biz

[]
   "Jazz isn't dead....it just smells funny."   Frank Zappa