[JPL] Promotional Posts On JPL

'Asr Records - KCMO asrrecordswebmaster at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 20 10:39:28 EST 2005

As the Operations Manager for a small jazz label in Kansas City, I find all of the information posted here to be useful as well.  In addition to reading the weekly playlists that some programmers/DJs choose to post here, I think promo announcements here are okay.  Further, it is nice to have some of the promotional posts on JPL because it provides relevant information regarding happenings in the jazz world that would not get out if one just relied upon the major publications like DownBeat, JazzTimes, etc.  Everything that is posted on JPL varies in relevance or inherent interest to me.  However, I have even found some of the "Opinion/Editorial" posts by JPL members to be relevantly interesting as well.  So, IMHO (in my humble opinion) promotional posts are cool - most any promotion to broaden awareness of this music is cool!

Tom Bingham <mason2042 at gmail.com> wrote:  -------------------------------------------

This week's sponsor is: JazzWeek Magazine, with new complimentary subscriptions available

To become a sponsor contact Ed Trefzger
at ed.trefzger at jazzweek.com or 866-453-6401.

I think this idea has a great deal of merit. A "little fish" like myself,
who doesn't have all the connections and resources that the veteran members
of this list have would find this extremely useful. Having this info all in
one place would save a lot of often fruitless searching and give us a chance
to approach the labels and/or promoters ourselves, rather than having
promotional messages fill up the inboxes of everyone on the list. I think
Mitchell has come up with a very workable plan to benefit all.
Tom Bingham
WCVF-FM

On 11/17/05, MFA - Jazz Publicity & Radio Promotion <
MitchellFeldmanAssociates at comcast.net> wrote:

> One suggestion for Ed: The Jazz Week site has an area for retail
> info and an area for station info. Perhaps an area listing contact
> info for promoters / labels could be created where people can go and
> find out for themselves who the various radio promoters are or which
> labels are being promoted by whom (either on staff or on retainer).
>
> Mitchell

Complimentary subscriptions to JazzWeek are now available to qualified applicants in fields related to jazz, including musicians, educators, broadcasters, promoters, retailers, and more. Sign up now at <http://www.jazzweek.com/>. Subscribe before November 21 and receive a free copy of our post-Katrina special issue.

Operations Manager
'ASR RECORDS - Kansas City USA
Online at http://www.Alaadeen.com