[JPL] Playlist: Sound of Surprise 11-20-05

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 20 20:04:47 EST 2005

1) Terrence Blanchard-Over There (Higher Ground)
2) Dr. John-Sweet Home New Orleans (sippiana hericane)
3) Wynton Marsalis-Dippermouth Blues (Higher Ground)

4) Tommy Dorsey w/Ellington Orchestra-Tonight I Shall Sleep (Centenial
Celebration)
5) Tommy Dorsey Orch w/Duke Ellington-Take The A Train (Centenial
Celebration)
6) Tommy Dorsey-Trombonology (Centenial Celebration)

7) Irene Kral-I Like You You're Nice (Where Is Love)
8) Don Friedman VIP Trio-Emily (Timeless)
9) Geoffrey Keezer-Venus As A Boy (Wildcrafted)
10) George Gruntz-Well You Needn't (Ringing The Luminator)
11) James Cotton w/drummer Mike Smith-Trane Tracks (James Cotton Quartet)
12) Bob Butta w/drummer Mike Smith-Blues In The Closet (Windows)
13) Jenny Scheinman-Little Calypso (12 Songs)
14) Sonny Rollins-Don't Stop The Carnival (The Essential)
15) Milton Nascimento-Cantelope Island (Pieta)

Mystery Musician Quiz: Roy Brooks
16) Blue Mitchell w/Roy Brooks-Scrapple From The Apple (Blue's Moods)
17) Horace Silver w/Roy Brooks-Filthy McNasty (Doin' The Thing)
18) Yusef Lateef w/Roy Brooks-Eboness (The Diverse Yusef Lateef)
19) M'Boom w/Roy Brooks-Street Dance (Collage)
20) Shirley Scott w/Roy Brooks-Hip Soul (The Prestige Records Story)

21) Closing Theme: Joe McPhee-Going Home (Finger Wigglers)
Host: Larry Appelbaum
jumpmonk at hotmail.com