[JPL] Promotional Posts On JPL

'Asr Records - KCMO asrrecordswebmaster at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 21 08:58:42 EST 2005

Hmmm, I see your point, Dr. Jazz...

"Dr. Jazz" <drjazz at drjazz.com> wrote:  -------------------------------------------

This week's sponsor is: JazzWeek Magazine, with new complimentary subscriptions available

To become a sponsor contact Ed Trefzger
at ed.trefzger at jazzweek.com or 866-453-6401.

As a promo man, I would love to dump a ton of promotional messages on the
JPL. As a JPL member, I would NOT like the list to be taken over by
message after message after message pushing a particular cd. That is what
the weekly sponsorship is for.

-Dr.

At 10:39 AM 11/20/2005, you wrote:
>To become a sponsor contact Ed Trefzger
>at ed.trefzger at jazzweek.com or 866-453-6401.

>As the Operations Manager for a small jazz label in Kansas City, I find
>all of the information posted here to be useful as well. In addition to
>reading the weekly playlists that some programmers/DJs choose to post
>here, I think promo announcements here are okay. Further, it is nice to
>have some of the promotional posts on JPL because it provides relevant
>information regarding happenings in the jazz world that would not get out
>if one just relied upon the major publications like DownBeat, JazzTimes,
>etc. Everything that is posted on JPL varies in relevance or inherent
>interest to me. However, I have even found some of the
>"Opinion/Editorial" posts by JPL members to be relevantly interesting as
>well. So, IMHO (in my humble opinion) promotional posts are cool - most
>any promotion to broaden awareness of this music is cool!
>
>Tom Bingham
>wrote: -------------------------------------------
>
>This week's sponsor is: JazzWeek Magazine, with new complimentary
>subscriptions available

>To become a sponsor contact Ed Trefzger
>at ed.trefzger at jazzweek.com or 866-453-6401.

>I think this idea has a great deal of merit. A "little fish" like myself,
>who doesn't have all the connections and resources that the veteran members
>of this list have would find this extremely useful. Having this info all in
>one place would save a lot of often fruitless searching and give us a chance
>to approach the labels and/or promoters ourselves, rather than having
>promotional messages fill up the inboxes of everyone on the list. I think
>Mitchell has come up with a very workable plan to benefit all.
>Tom Bingham
>WCVF-FM
>
>On 11/17/05, MFA - Jazz Publicity & Radio Promotion <
>MitchellFeldmanAssociates at comcast.net> wrote:
> >

> > One suggestion for Ed: The Jazz Week site has an area for retail
> > info and an area for station info. Perhaps an area listing contact
> > info for promoters / labels could be created where people can go and
> > find out for themselves who the various radio promoters are or which
> > labels are being promoted by whom (either on staff or on retainer).
> >
> > Mitchell

>applicants in fields related to jazz, including musicians, educators,
>broadcasters, promoters, retailers, and more. Sign up now at
>. Subscribe before November 21 and receive a
>free copy of our post-Katrina special issue.

>Operations Manager
>'ASR RECORDS - Kansas City USA
>Online at http://www.Alaadeen.com

>applicants in fields related to jazz, including musicians, educators,
>broadcasters, promoters, retailers, and more. Sign up now at
><http://www.jazzweek.com/>. Subscribe before November 21 and receive
>a free copy of our post-Katrina special issue.

Dr. Jazz
Dr. Jazz Operations
24270 Eastwood
Oak Park, MI 48237
(248) 542-7888
http://www.drjazz.com

Complimentary subscriptions to JazzWeek are now available to qualified applicants in fields related to jazz, including musicians, educators, broadcasters, promoters, retailers, and more. Sign up now at <http://www.jazzweek.com/>. Subscribe before November 21 and receive a free copy of our post-Katrina special issue.