[JPL] Straight No Chaser (8pm-12 WSHA-FM - www.wshafm.org)

Bob Rogers rwsfin at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 22 00:37:10 EST 2005

8:06pm
Either/Orchestra, Keset eswa betcha (Live in Addis)
Art Blakey w/Clifford Brown, introduction/Split Kick (A Night at Birdland,
vol. 1)
Uri Caine, Bones Don't Cry (Blue Wail)
Ed Neumeister, My Shining Hour (The Mohican and the Great Spirit)
The Hornheads, Can't Quite Put My Finger On It (Fat Lip)
Ari Brown, Lester Bowie's Gumbo Stew (Ultimate Frontier)

9:00pm
Keith Richards, Oh Lord!  Don't Let Them Drop That Atomic Bomb On Me
(Hal Willner's Meditations on Mingus)
Charles Mingus, Cumbia & Jazz Fusion
Stephen Riley, Infant Eyes/Chelsea Bridge (Inside Out)
Avram Fefer/Bobby Few, Ask Me Now (Kindred Spirits)
Herbie Nichols, Mine (Blue Gershwin)
Nat Cole Trio, Loan Me Two Til Tuesday Transcriptions)
Bud Powell, Blue Pearl (Comp. Blue Note & Roost

10:00pm
Sara Gazarek, All Or Nothing At All (Yours)
Stephen Riley, There's A Small Hotel (Inside Out)
Sai Ghose Trio, Staccato (India Looking West)
Mahmoud Ahmed, Yaselame Lalo (Live in Paris)
Either/Orchestra w/Mahmoud Ahmed, Embi Ba (Live in Addis)
Sam Rivers' Rivbea All-Star Orchestria, Beatrice (Inspiration)
Wayne Shorter, title cut (Speak No Evil)

11pm
Henry "Red" Allen, I Cover the Waterfront (World On A String)
Art Tatum, Jitterbug Waltz (Solo Masterpieces, vol. 3)
Pyeng Threadgill, Jitterbug Waltz (On The Air)
Louis Armstrong, Jazz Lips (The Hot Fives & Hot Sevens)
Louis Armstrong & King Oliver, Mandy Lee Blues
Louis Armstrong, Potato Head Blues
Sidney Bechet's Blue Note Jazz Men, Tin Roof Blues (Hot Jazz)
Stuff Smith & His Onyx Club Boys, Here Comes The Man (Dope & Glory)
Houston Person, Why Not (All Soul)
Joe Derise, Comes Love (The Comp. Bethlehem Collection)
Anita O'Day, Four Brothers (...Sings the Winners)
Comedian Harmonists, Creole Love Call/My Little Green Cactus
Henry "Red Allen", Ain't She Sweet
King Cole Trio, 'Deed I Do/You Call It Madness (Transcriptions)

Bob Rogers
2816 Barmettler Street
Raleigh, NC 27607
WSHA - www.wshafm.edu