[JPL] Review/Time Signature

Jae Sinnett jaejazz at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 23 17:05:32 EST 2005

Well, some might get a chuckle out of this....I sure did........I read a "jazz" review recently where the writer stated that a song was in 6/7 time. Seriously. Hmmmm......I can only say I pray that I'm never in a sideman situation and the leader asks the group to play in 6/7 time. I don't think there is enough time left for me to figure out how to play it.

  John La Barbera.....didn't you write something in 7/9? Messin with you man.

  Dr. and everyone else, happy Thanksgiving. Peace,

  Jae Sinnett
  WHRV FM
Norfolk VA

"Dr. Jazz" <drjazz at drjazz.com> wrote:
To become a sponsor contact Ed Trefzger
at ed.trefzger at jazzweek.com or 866-453-6401.

I hope everyone has a very happy and FULLfilling Thanksgiving!!

Dr. Jazz
Dr. Jazz Operations
24270 Eastwood
Oak Park, MI 48237
(248) 542-7888
http://www.drjazz.com

Complimentary subscriptions to JazzWeek are now available to qualified applicants in fields related to jazz, including musicians, educators, broadcasters, promoters, retailers, and more. Sign up now at <http://www.jazzweek.com/>. Subscribe before November 21 and receive a free copy of our post-Katrina special issue.