[JPL] Review/Time Signature

Jae Sinnett jaejazz at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 23 18:20:57 EST 2005

If anyone can do it John it was Buddy for sure - although I didn't really hear him play that much in odd meters. Can you recommend a recording where he did? I have him doing the 6/8 and 3/4 thing but not much else. Also, please email me off the JPL to jaejazz at yahoo.com. I would like a mailing address for you. Thanks,

  Jae Sinnett

Jae Sinnett <jaejazz at yahoo.com> wrote:
To become a sponsor contact Ed Trefzger
at ed.trefzger at jazzweek.com or 866-453-6401.

Well, some might get a chuckle out of this....I sure did........I read a "jazz" review recently where the writer stated that a song was in 6/7 time. Seriously. Hmmmm......I can only say I pray that I'm never in a sideman situation and the leader asks the group to play in 6/7 time. I don't think there is enough time left for me to figure out how to play it.

John La Barbera.....didn't you write something in 7/9? Messin with you man.

Dr. and everyone else, happy Thanksgiving. Peace,

Jae Sinnett
WHRV FM
Norfolk VA

"Dr. Jazz" wrote:
To become a sponsor contact Ed Trefzger
at ed.trefzger at jazzweek.com or 866-453-6401.

I hope everyone has a very happy and FULLfilling Thanksgiving!!

Dr. Jazz
Dr. Jazz Operations
24270 Eastwood
Oak Park, MI 48237
(248) 542-7888
http://www.drjazz.com

Complimentary subscriptions to JazzWeek are now available to qualified applicants in fields related to jazz, including musicians, educators, broadcasters, promoters, retailers, and more. Sign up now at . Subscribe before November 21 and receive a free copy of our post-Katrina special issue.

Complimentary subscriptions to JazzWeek are now available to qualified applicants in fields related to jazz, including musicians, educators, broadcasters, promoters, retailers, and more. Sign up now at <http://www.jazzweek.com/>. Subscribe before November 21 and receive a free copy of our post-Katrina special issue.