[JPL] Next Week on XM's Modern Jazz Channel...Beyond Jazz

davispro at mindspring.com davispro at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 23 18:57:55 EST 2005

 Next Week on XM's Modern Jazz Channel...Beyond Jazz

XM 72...BEYOND JAZZ/WEEKLY FEATURES   (28 November-4 December 05)

This Monday, November 28th, we'll present another edition of our feature...MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS! on Beyond Jazz featuring an hour of the music of JACO PASTORIUS! Thanks to the good graces of Telarc Records, we'll be able to give you a full hour of some of the great bassist's finest music from his solo career as well as with Weather Report and cuts from the all-star project "The Jaco Pastorius Big Band: Word Of Mouth Revisited." interspersed with some of Jaco's own words as
well as his many musical friends and admirers who will shed light on his wonderful career. Listen Monday at Noon Eastern/9 AM Pacific, with a reply Monday night at 11 PM Eastern/8 PM Pacific. It's MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS! featuring an hour of the music of JACO PASTORIUS! on Beyond Jazz.

This week enjoy another edition of our show JAMMIN' JAZZ...JAZZ FOR THE NEW GENERATION! hosted by Michelle Sammartino.  What's it all about? Well here's how Michelle describes what you'll hear on the show..."anything with that "jamband" jazz, acid jazz, brass band, swamp boogie, funk influenced, booty movin' feel that ya just can't hear anywhere else." Listen for JAMMIN' JAZZ three times each week...Tuesday night at 9P Eastern-6P Pacific, Thursday morning at 9A/Eastern-6A
Pacific, and Sunday at 7P/Eastern-4P Pacific. It's JAMMIN' JAZZ...JAZZ FOR THE NEW GENERATION! with Michelle Sammartino!

This Wednesday and Sunday, join us for A BONNAROO BASH! on LIVE @ BJ'S! Every Wednesday night at 8 PM Pacific/11 PM Eastern and Sunday at 8 PM Eastern/5 PM Pacific you can spend an hour in the world's only imaginary modern jazz club, BJ's, for rare live performances by the biggest stars of Modern Jazz.  You'll hear music you can't hear anywhere but on XM, and this week we'll travel to Manchester, Tennessee, the site of one of the biggest festivals every year for seven fantastic performaces recorded at the legendary BONNAROO MUSIC FESTIVAL. You'll hear HERBIE HANCOCK & HEADHUNTERS '05, GALACTIC, SOULIVE, BELA FLECK & THE
FLECTONES, KARL DENSON'S TINY UNIVERSE & MEDESKI, MARTIN & WOOD in an amazing hour of redhot MOJA! It's A BONNAROO BASH! on this weeks addition of LIVE @ BJ'S!

Every Saturday is a chance to get to know the stars of Modern Jazz a little better with WORDS & MUSIC on BEYOND JAZZ, and this week we'll spend the day with one of the most versatile musicians in jazz today in a special show titled "MARCUS MILLER IN THE HOUSE!" Join Russ Davis as he sits down with the great composer, producer, and multi-instrumentalist as he returns to his old hometown of NYC to hang out with us at XM's Jazz @ Lincoln Center digs. Marcus talks about growing up in New York, his first big breaks, working with greats like Miles Davis, winning his Grammy Awards and of course his latest work, the brilliant "Silver Rain," CD. Interview segments, followed by music, air each hour beginning at Noon and lasting through Midnight Eastern time (9 AM-9 PM Pacific).  It's "MARCUS MILLER IN THE HOUSE!" this week's edition of "WORDS & MUSIC," on BEYOND JAZZ.

PREMIER SUNDAY on Beyond Jazz...XM 72
This Sunday, December 6th, will be another Premier Sunday here on Beyond Jazz with four new projects. We'll begin with two of the premier trumpeters in MOJA...

Wallace Roney is joined by his wife Geri Allen, his brother Antoine, keyboardist Adam Holzman, bassist Matt Garrison and others for his new CD "Mystikal."

Then hear a new work inspired by the life and career of silent film star Fatty Arbuckle. It's...Dave Douglas, with his new one "Keystone."

English-born bassist Tony Grey contributed to the recent salute to Weather Report, Mysterious Voyages.  Hear more from the sessions that created his contribution from his newest CD "Moving," as he's joined by former Jaco Pastorius drummer Kenwood Dennard and guitarist Mike Fiuczynski.

Then, it's the pride of New Orleans and founding member of The Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Kirk Joseph and his band of merry men including special guests Skerik and Dr. John. It's Kirk Joseph's Backyard Groove with his new CD "Sousafunk Ave."

Listen for cuts from these four fantastic new releases beginning at 5 PM Eastern/2 PM Pacific, on another Premier Sunday...part of The SundaySpecials from XM 72, Beyond Jazz.

Russ Davis
Program Director
Beyond Jazz
(((XM))) Satellite Radio