[JPL] Playlist: Modern Jazz Classics (Happy Birthday, Al)

Bob Stockton drbob456 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 25 09:41:48 EST 2005

Modern Jazz Classics is heard an aggregate 40 hours each week via our
broadcast and internet partners, reaching a domestic and international
audience potential of more than 1.7 million.

"Got a late night spot to fill? Our phone is always on."

MJC-152: Al Cohn 11/24/1925 - 2/15/1988

Theme and intro - Billy Eckstine - On Green Dolphin Street

Al Cohn-Zoot Sims / It's A Wonderful World / Al And Zoot / Decca
Gloria Cooper / Come Rain Or Come Shine / Dedicated To You / Origin
Rich Walker (Michelle Amato) / Writin' The Blues / Bar Hop / Alltru Music
Don Stiernberg-John Carlini / Nice Work If You Can Get It / By George /
Bluenight
Greta Matassa / The Late, Late Show / Favorites From A Long Walk / Origin
Al Cohn-Zoot Sims / Chasing The Blues / Al And Zoot / Decca
Brad Mehldau / No Moon At All / Day Is Done / Nonesuch
Chet Baker / I Fall In Love Too Easily / Young Chet / Proper
John Coltrane / Stardust(Hoagy Carmichael 11/22) / The Stardust Session /
Prestige

Top of hour 1 sweep - George Shearing - And Then I Wrote

Al Cohn-Zoot Sims / Two Funky People / Al And Zoot / Decca
Vault Selection: Sonny Criss / Blues For Boppers / Young Sonny / Proper /
1949
The Clayton Brothers / Gina's Groove / Back In The Swing Of Things / Hyena
Avram Fefer-Bobby Few / Panonica / Kindred Spirits / Boxholder
Richard "Groove" Holmes / Song For My Father / Opus De Funk / Prestige
Al Cohn-Zoot Sims / Gone With The Wind / Al And Zoot / Decca
Sara Gazarek / Blackbird / Yours / Native Language
Sherrie Maricle & Diva / Moonlight / TNT / Lightyear
Alex Budman C.J.O. / When We Walked In The Sun / Instruments Of Mass
Pleasure / Origin

Top of hour 2 and sign off- Clifford Brown - Stockholm Sweetnin'

Bob ("Dr. Bob") Stockton, Host/Producer
Modern Jazz Classics From Amelia Island
3956 Arbor Lake Circle
Jacksonville, Fl. 32225-1681