[JPL] PLAYLIST: "General Eclectic" WCVF-FM, 11/25/05

Tom Bingham mason2042 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 16:36:05 EST 2005

Almost got snowed in today. As it was, I couldn't get to my CD stash for the
show, so I had to depend on what I had taken home to listen to over
Thanksgiving. The good news is that I seem to have taken home a lot of good
stuff, because there's some really fine music on this list. No syndicated
special today, as the mailroom here was shut down (the mail must go through,
you know!), so I ran one of Hermann Lammers Meyer's "Town and Country" shows
from Germany at the 1 PM hour. So here we go:

HOUR #1:
Lashio Thein Aung - A Girl Among Girls - Guitars of the Golden Triangle:
Folk and Pop Music of Myanmar (Burma), Vol. 2 (various artists)

Mary Youngblood - Cama-i - Beneath the Raven Moon

Scott Tarulli - The Late Drive Home - Oasis Jazz, Vol. 5 #3 (various
artists)

Chas - Moonshine - Chas

Marc Pompe featuring the Joey DeFrancesco Trio - No More Blues - You Must
Believe In Swing

Kay Kay and the Rays - Hold On To What You Got - Texas Justice

The Go Set - 1788 - Paddy Rock Radio, Vol. 1 (various artists)

Jordanaires - I'll Fly Away - Believe: A Collection of Bluegrass Hymns

Gangbe Brass Band - Gbedji - Whendo

Phylum Chordata - Costa Rican Beauty - A Sequential Proportion of Line and
Mass Intended Mostly For My Muse

Donovan - The Mountain - Banjoman: A Tribute to Derroll Adams (various
artists)

Mary McLaughlin - Tangling Seaweed - Crystal Shoe

Mark Stepakoff - Amanda Peet - There Goes the Neighborhood

Dolly Parton - Those Were the Days - Those Were the Days

HOUR #2:
Mary Sue Twohy - Snowing - Songs To Hang on Stars

Bob Harris - Guitar Appetizer - Relentless!

Shays Rebellion - No Escape - Uprising

Salsa Celtica - Yo Me Voy/Maggie's Pancakes - Best of Scottish Music, Vol. 2
(various artists)

David Kleiner - Hopeless Romantic - This Human Heart

Sabaya - Foutoune - Bellydance

Alex Skolnick Trio - Transformation - Transformation

Leon Redbone - Let It Snow - Christmas Island

Louisiana Bob Kirkpatrick - Drive All Night - Drive Across Texas

Sherrie Maricle & the DIVA Jazz Orchestra - Red Door - TNT: A Tommy Newsom
Tribute

Chava Alberstein - Mirele - Celebrate Yiddish (various artists)

Hogiau'r Gogorau - Hen Ferchetan/Cwcw Fach/Daew 'Nghariad i Lawr yn y
Berllan - self-titled

Billy May - Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer - Cool Yule

I've received quite a few Christmas CD's thus far, but I'd be very happy to
get even more, in all musical genres. Also looking for Hanukah and Kwanzaa
material.
Thank you.
-
Tom Bingham