[JPL] JzFmS4 WGBH Boston 11/25/05

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Nov 26 00:11:41 EST 2005

Friday, Nov 25, 8pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7

SPECIAL FEATURES: PAUL DESMOND (b. 11/25/1924)
70th ANNUAL DOWNBEAT READERS POLL RESULTS

8:00pm
Horace Parlan Quintet: THEME: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
Herbie Hancock: Embraceable You, Gershwin's World (Verve)
Herbie Hancock: Dolphin Dance, Maiden Voyage (Blue Note)
Herbie Hancock; Wayne Shorter: Memory of Enchantment, 1+1 (Verve)

8:29pm
Kurt Elling: The Very Thought of You, This Time It's Love (Blue Note)
Joe Lovano: Why Don't I, Tenor Time (Somethin' Else/EMI)
Bill Frisell: My Man's Gone Now, East/West (Nonesuch)

8:49pm
James Moody: Boo's Tune, Return to Overbrook (Chess)
James Carter: 'Round Midnight, Tthe Real Quietstorm (Atlantic)

9:00pm
SPECIAL FEATURE
Paul Desmond: Wendy, Quartet Live (A&M Horizon/Verve)
Paul Desmond: Skylark, Skylark (Columbia)
Paul Desmond: Take Ten, The Best of Paul Desmond (RCA Bluebird)

9:23pm
Paul Desmond: Jeruvian; Baroque; Everything Happens To Me; Sacre Blues,
Paul Desmond Quintet/Quartet (Fantasy)

9:44pm
Dave Brubeck; Paul Desmond: Koto Song, The Duets 1975 (A&M / Verve)
Dave Brubeck: You Go To My Head, Octet (Fantasy)
Dave Brubeck: My Romance, Love Songs (Columbia)

10:05pm
Paul Desmond: The Night Has A Thousand Eyes, Bossa Antigua (RCA Victor)
Paul Desmond: The One I Love, Take Ten (RCA Bluebird)
Paul Desmond: Desmond Blue; I've Got You Under My Skin,
Desmond Blue (RCA Victor)

10:27pm
Gerry Mulligan; Paul Desmond: Wintersong, Mulligan / Desmand Quartet (Verve)
Gerry Mulligan; Paul Desmond: Blight of The Fumble bee,
Two of A Mind (RCA Victor)

10:44pm
Chet Baker: I'm Getting Sentimental Over You,
You Can't Go Home Again (A&M / Verve)
Paul Desmond: Things Ain't What They Used To Be,
Paul Desmond Live (A&M / Verve)

11:04pm
Maria Schneider: Three Romances, Part 1: Choro Dancado, Concert in The
Garden (Artists Share)
Miles Davis: Seven Steps to Heaven, Seven Steps To Heaven (Columba)

11:22pm
Cassandra Wilson: Solomon Song, New Moon Daughter (Blue Note)
Joey deFrancesco; City Rhythm Orchestra: The Midnight Sun Will Never Set,
Vibrant Tones (Limehouse)
Bobby Hutcherson; SF Jazz Collective: March Madness, SF Collective
(Nonesuch)

11:42pm
Phil Woods: The Midnight Sun Will Never Set, This Is How I Feel About Quincy
(Jazzed Media)

11:53pm
Herbie Hancock; Wayne Shorter: Visitor From Nowhere, 1+1 (Verve)