[JPL] WNMC-FM Weekly Main Rotation Jazz, Avant-Garde Jazz & World/International Spins + Main Jazz Rotation Adds & Archives

Thomas M "Biz" Bisard mrbiz at torchlake.com
Sat Nov 26 11:56:50 EST 2005

************************************************************************************************************************************

WNMC 90.7 FM  Traverse City Michigan «««

                          Servin' up a Steamin'
Plate o' Jazz and Other Fine Victuals for a Five
County
Area:
Michigan's Gold Coast, The Jewel of the Midwest
                                38 Years of
Community Public Radio for Northwest Lower Michigan

						^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Listen Online:   <www.wnmc.org> ««««

                                                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

53 hours of Jazz per week (with a bit of
blues-folk-world/international in the mix)  **  9
hours of Blues  **  6 hours of Folk  **  6 hours
of combined Blues/Folk/Roots  **  6 hours of
World/International Music  **  A 3 hour
Avant-Garde Jazz Show  **  A 3 hour
Dance/Electronica Show  **  A  2 hour Funk/Soul
Show  **  A 2 hour of New Age Show  **  A 2 hour
each weekday morning News-Topical-Community drive
time Show (with a bit of music in the mix)  **  A
2 hour Spanish/Latin Show  **  A 2 hour Reggae
Show  **  A 1½ hour 'Live' Show  **  The best of
Indie-Alt-Cutting Edge Rock fills out the weekly schedule

						    ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

                              Eric Hines, general
manager/music director: <ehines at message.nmc.edu>
                 Tom "Biz" Bisard, jazz music
director: 1st: <mrbiz at torchlake.com> or 2nd: <TBisard at nmc.edu>
			Jen Medlin-Lloyd, AG/out jazz music director: <jemedlin at message.nmc.edu>
                            Linnaea Melcarek,
world/international music director: <linnaea at message.nmc.edu>

                                        Office:
(231) 995-2562         Studio Request Line: (231) 995-1090

						     ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

               >>>Product, Promotions, etc to:   WNMC 90.7 FM
                                                                 attn:
Eric Hines, station manager
                                                                 or
attn: any of our music directors:
                                                                 Biz
Bisard, Jazz
                                                                 Jen
Medlin-Lloyd, AG/Out and Alt. country
                                                                  Linnaea
Melcarek, WB/World/International
                                                                  Leroy
Alvarez, Blues
                                                                  Bob
Brown, Folk/Roots

                                                                 1701
E Front St
				                     Traverse City MI 49686

************************************************************************************************************************************

						      ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

(AG) Jazz & World/International (WB) Spins<<<<

			                         [ARTIST     *     "Album"     *     (Label)]
				                             AG = avant-garde
						WB = world/international

							7 SPINS

	SOULIVE     *     "Break Out"     *     (Concord/CMG)

							6 SPINS

	THE HOT CLUB OF SAN FRANCISCO     *"Swing This"     *     (self-produced)

							5 SPINS

	CLAIRDEE     *     "Music Moves"     *     (Declare Music/Hyena)
  WB - MAMADOU & VANESSA     *     "Nacama"     *     (Sidibe Music)
  WB - VARIOUS ARTISTS     *     "The Rough Guide
to the Music of the Sahara"     *     (World Music Network)

							4 SPINS

	GREGG AUGUST     *     "Late August"     *     (Iacuessa)
	EVITA COBO     *     "Invitation"     *     (self-produced)
	AVRAM FEFER & BOBBY FEW     *     "Kindred Spirits"     *     (Boxholder)
	JOE FINN QUARTET     *     "String Theory"     *     (self-produced)
	GEOFFREY KEEZER     *     "Wildcrafted - Live at
the Dakota"     *     (Max Jazz)
	ROBERTO MAGRIS EUROPLANE     *     "Check-in"     *     (Soul Note)
	MACEO PARKER     *     "School's In!"     *     (BHM/Navarre)
	BUCKY PIZZARELLI & FRANK VIGNOLA     *     "Moonglow"     *     (Hyena)
	SLAMMIN     *     "All-Body Band"     *     (Crosspulse)
	WESTERN MICHIGAN JAZZ
ORCHESTRA     *     "Boogaloo Land"     *     (Sea Breeze Vista)

							3 SPINS

	ANTONIO ARNEDO     *     "Colombia"     *     (Adventure Music)
	KENNY BARRON TRIO     *     "The Perfect Set -
Live at Bradley's II"     *     (Sunnyside)
	MAURICE BROWN     *     "Hip to Bop"     *     (Brown)
	ALEXANDRE CUNHA     *     "Batepapo"     *     (self-produced)
	ROBERT GLASPER     *     "Canvas"     *     (Blue Note/EMI)
	CURT HANRAHAN SEPTET     *     "To Be Again"     *     (Blujazz)
	DAN MORETTI     *     "& Once Through"     *     (Whaling City Sound)
	BARBARA MORRISON     *     "Live at the Dakota
Vol. 2"     *     (Dakota Live!)
	CALVIN NEWBORN     *     "Up City"     *     (Yellow Dog)
  WB - ALI FARKA TOURÉ & TOUMANI
DIABATE     *     "In the Heart of the Moon"     *     (Nonesuch/World Circuit)
	KENICHI TSUNODA BIG BAND     *     "For J. G."     *     (Sea Breeze Jazz)
	GERALD WILSON ORCHESTRA     *     "In My Time"     *     (Mack Avenue)

							2 SPINS

	DAISUKE ABE     *     "On My Way Back Home"     *     (Nagel Heyer)
	THE KYLE ASCHE ORGAN TRIO     *     "The Hook Up"     *     (OA2)
	DEE DEE BRIDGEWATER     *     "J'ai Deux
Amours"     *     (Sovereign Artists/DBB)
	KENNY CARR     *     "Friday at Five"     *     (TAS Management, LLC)
	THE CLAYTON BROTHERS     *     "Back in the Swing of Things"     *     (Hyena)
	JACKIE COON     *     "The Joys of New Orleans"     *     (Arbors Jazz)
  WB - CRAIG EINHORN     *     "Choros"     *     (Unicorn Productions)
	AMINA FIGAROVA     *     "September Suite"     *     (Munich/215)
   AG - GROUNDTRUTHER     *     "Longitude"     *     (Thirsty Ear)
  WB - HAPA     *     "Maui"     *     (BMI)
	HARRISON-CARTER-COBHAM     *     "New York Cool
- Live at the Blue Note"     *     (Half Note)
  WB - NACHITO HERRERA     *     "Bembé en Mi Casa"     *     (F S Music)
	MARC JOHNSON     *     "Shades of Jade"     *     (ECM)
	BUJO KEVIN JONES     *     "Tenth World"     *     (Motéma)
	JOHN LABARBERA BIG BAND     *     "Fantazm"     *     (Jazz Compass)
  WB - SONNY LIM     *     "Slack Key Guitar: The
Artistry of Sonny Lim"     *     (Palm)
	MIKE MARSHALL     *     "Brazil Duets"     *     (Adventure Music)
	WILLIE MARTINEZ LA FAMILIA
SEXTET     *     "Family"     *     (Cuch Be Witcha)
	THE DON MENZA BIG BAND     *     "Menza Lines"     *     (Jazzed Media)
	THELONIOUS MONK QUARTET w/ JOHN
COLTRANE     *     "At Carnegie Hall"     *     (Blue Note/EMI)
	HILARY NOBLE & REBECCA CLINE     *     "Enclave"     *     (Zoho Music)
	MARK O'CONNOR'S HOT SWING TRIO     *     "Live in New York"     *     (Omac)
	JEREMY PELT     *     "Identity"     *     (Max Jazz)
	TAB SMITH     *     "Crazy Walk"     *     (Delmark)
	SONIDO ISLEÑO     *     "Vive Jazz"     *     (Tresero Productions)
	NICOLA STILO & TONINHO HORTA    *     "Duets"     *     (Adventure Music)
	THE BEN THOMAS GROUP     *     "Triskaidekaphobia"     *     (Origin)
	BEBO VALDÉS     *     "Bebo de Cuba"     *     (Calle 54)
  WB - VARIOUS ARTISTS     *     "The Rough Guide
to Salsa Dance"     *     (World Music Network)
	EZRA WEISS     *     "Persephone"     *     (Umoja)
	JESSICA WILLIAMS     *     "Live at Yoshi's Volume Two"     *     (Max Jazz)
	WOODY WITT w/ RANDY BRECKER     *     "Square
Peg, Round Hole"     *     (Apria)

							1 SPIN

	CANNONBALL ADDERLEY     *     "Radio Nights"     (Hyena)
	AFFINITY     *     "Route 66"     *     (Jahu/Rhombus)
  WB - DABY BALDE     *     "Introducing Daby
Balde"     *     (World Music Network)
	RAY BARRETTO     *     "Time Was - Time
Is"     *     (O+ Music/Harmonia Mundi)
   AG - CLAUDIA QUINTET     *     "Semi-Formal"     *     (Cuneiform)
	TIM COFFMAN     *     "Crossroads"     *     (Blujazz)
	THE DAN CRAY TRIO     *     "Save Us!"     *     (Blujazz)
	JOAN CROWE     *     "Bird on the Wire"     *     (self-produced)
	ORBERT DAVIS     *     "Blue Notes"     *     (3 Sixteen)
	EBONY & IVORY     *     "Red Hot"     *     (Gilpin Publishing)
  WB - JOSEPH FIRE CROW     *     "Red Beads"     *     (Makoche)
	RICHARD FREITAS     *     "Tootsie Tunes"     *     (The Dovetail Group, Inc.)
  WB - FRIGG     *     "Oasis"     *     (NorthSide)
	THE GREAT JAZZ TRIO     *     "S'Wonderful"     *     (Village/441)
   AG - ANDY HAAS & DON FIORINO     *     "Death
Don't Have No Mercy"     *     (Resonant Music)
	CHARLIE HADEN LIBERATION MUSIC
ORCHESTRA     *     "Not in Our Name"     *     (Verve/UMG)
	HERBIE HANCOCK     *     "Possibilities"     *     (Hear Music/Vector)
	STEVE HECKMAN QUARTET     *     "Live at Yoshi's"     *     (World City Music)
	STOCKTON HELBING     *     "Lodestar"     *     (NohJoh Music)
	HORNHEADS     *     "Fat Lip"     *     (Bone 2 B Wild Music)
	TED HOWE     *     "Elton Exposed: Revealing the
Jazz Soul of Elton John"     *     (Summit)
	JASPECTS     *     "In  'House' Sessions..."     *     (self-produced)
	BETTY JOPLIN     *     "Visions of the Moment"    *     (Preserved Moments)
  WB - KRONOS QUARTET & ASHA     *     "You've
Stolen My Heart"     *     (Nonesuch)
   AG - STEVE LEHMAN     *     "Demian as Posthuman     *     (Pi)
   AG - MAT MANIERI     *     "Pentagon"     *     (Thirsty Ear)
	BRAD MEHLDAU TRIO     *     "Day Is Done"     *     (Nonesuch)
   AG - PAT METHANY & ORNETTE COLEMAN     *     "Song X"     *     (Nonesuch)
	HENDRIK MEURKENS     *     "Amazon River"     *     (Blue Toucan Music)
	MODERN TRADITIONS ENSEMBLE     *     "New Old
Music"     *     (Adventure Music)
	TONY MONACO TRIO & FRIENDS     *     "Fiery Blues"     *     (Summit)
	BILL MORING AND WAY OUT EAST     *     "self-titled"     *     (Apria)
	SARAH MORROW & THE AMERICAN ALL-STARS IN
PARIS     *     "self-titled"     *     (O+ Music)
	MARK MURPHY     *     "Once to Every Heart"    *     (Verve/UMG)
	OREGON     *     "Prime"     *     (Cam Jazz)
	CHARLIE PEACOCK     *     "Love Press Ex-Curio"     *     (Runway Network)
	PEARL DJANGO     *     "Chasing Shadows"     *     (Modern Hot)
	JEAN-MICHEL PILC     *     "Live at Iridium, New
York"     *     (Dreyfus Jazz)
  WB - RIPPLE EFFECT     *     "Hybrids"     *    (Golden Beams/Kindred Rhythm)
	ADA ROVATTI     *     "Airbop"     *     (Apria)
  WB - ANOUSHKA SHANKAR     *     "Rise"     *     (Angel)
	TRAVIS SHOOK     *     "Travis Shook Plays Kurt Weill"     *     (Dead Horse)
	TIERNEY SUTTON     *     "I'm with the Band"     *     (Telarc Jazz)
  WB - TENORES DI BITTI     *     "Caminos de Pache"     *     (Dunya)
   AG - TRIPTYCH MYTH     *     "The Beautiful"     *     (AUM)
	DAVE VALENTIN     *     "World on a String"     *     (HighNote)
  WB - VARIOUS ARTISTS     *     "Diva Brazil"     *     (StreetBeat)
  WB - VARIOUS ARTISTS     *     "The Rough Guide
to the Music of Balkan Gypsies"     *     (World Music Network)
   AG - VARIOUS ARTISTS     *     "Vision 3"     *     (Arts for Art)
	THE TAD WEED TRIO     *     "Nolo Di"     *     (self-produced)
  WB - ZUCO 103     *     "Whaa!"     *     (Zirguiboom/Six De

84 of 100 new or reissued cd's from our current
jazz rotation were played. 8 of 20 new or
reissued discs from our avant-garde jazz rotation
were spun. 18 of 40 world/international rotation cd's received play.

							¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

MAIN JAZZ ROTATION ADDS ««

		THE ODESSA HARRIS GROUP     *     "The Easy Life"     *     (Eastlawn)
		FREDDIE HUBBARD & JIMMY HEATH     *     "'Live'
at the Left Bank"     *     (Hyena)
		SHERRIE MARICLE & THE DIVA
ORCHESTRA     *     "TNT - A Tommy Newsome Tribute"     *     (Lightyear)
		NIA QUINTET     *     "End of Time"     *     (Blujazz)

		CHARLIE HADEN LIBERATION MUSIC
ORCHESTRA     *     "Not in Our Name"     *     (Verve/UMG)
		CURT HANRAHAN SEPTET     *     "To Be Again"     *     (Blujazz)
		MIAMI SAXOPHONE QUARTET     *     "Midnight Rhumba"     *     (Fourtitude)
		DAVE VALENTIN     *     "World on a String"     *     (HighNote)

Our weekly top 10 jazz and 5 jazz adds are
available at CMJ. We also report to 'Living
Blues' top 25. We're working on reporting our
folk/roots music, too. I apologize for my
s-l-o-w-n-e-s-s in keeping up with tracking
information. It's a shared task that we're
sorting out and always a work in progress.

If you'd like to be taken off this list, just
drop me a line......(if you'd like to be on it, I
guess I'll have to figure that out my own self!)

Have a GREAT weekend all!
     Biz