[JPL] My Favorite Things For The Week of November 27, 2005

MFT Jazz mft at mftjazz.com
Sat Nov 26 23:13:48 EST 2005

My Favorite Things For The Week of November 27, 2005
<http://www.mftjazz.com>

This edition of My Favorite Things has an international flavor as we
feature music and musicians from nine different countries. We lead off
with a big band from Canada and close out with a Russian trumpeter.

Along the way we also listen to pianist Bebo Valdes from Cuba and sample
a tune from the Either/Orchestra's new disc recorded in Ethiopia.

This Week's tunes:

Everything I Love - Dave McMurdo Jazz Orch. - Dave McMurdo Jazz Orch.

You'd Be So Nice To Come Home To - Adam Makowicz - At Maybeck

Soul Tezeta - Either/Orchestra - Ethiopiques

Rhythm for J.H. Snake - Modern String Quartet - Plays Duke Ellington

Romance en La Habana - Bebo Valdes - El Arte del Sabor

I Didn't Know What Time It Was - Stephane Grappelli/McCoy Tyner - One on One

Satin Doll - Michel Petrucciani - Promenade With Duke

Come Sunday - Danish Radio Big Band - A Little Bit of Duke

Rose Got It Bad in Harlem - Abdullah Ibrahim - Ode To Duke Ellington

My Alter Ego - Valery Ponomarev - At Sweet Basil

--

*Russ Neff
/My Favorite Things/