[JPL] Playlist: Sound of Surprise 11-27-05

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 27 19:46:31 EST 2005

Sound of Surprise
WPFW-FM
Washington D.C.
Sunday 4-7 pm

1) Tineke Postma-Summersong (For The Rhythm)
2) Amina Figarova-Numb (September Suite)
3) Deanna Witkowski-I'm Beginning To See The Light (Length of Days)
4) Jenny Scheinman-Little Calypso (12 Songs)
5) Min Rager-Trailing (Bright Road)
6) Lenny Robinson-Close Your Eyes (Songs I Like To Play)
7) Geoffrey Keezer-Venus Like A Boy (Wildcrafted)
8) Bill Evans-My Romance (Complete Village Vanguard Recordings)

Set of Birthdays
9) Jacky Terrasson-I Love Paris (Jacky Terrasson)
10) Maria Schneider-Allegresse (Allegresse)
11) Randy Brecker-Friday Night At Cadillac Club (JazzTimes Superband)
12) Eddie South-Mad Monk (Dark Angel...)
13) Eddie South w/Django Reinhardt-I Can't Believe That You're In Love With
Me (Djangology)
14) Eddie South-Tzigani In Rhythm (Dark Angel)

15) Bebo Valdez-Cachao, Creador del Mambo (Bebo de Cuba)
16) Herbie Hancock-Mimosa (Inventions & Dimensions)
17) Trio Da Paz-Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead (Somewhere)
18) Sonny Rollins w/Candido-Jungoso (Essential Sonny Rollins)

Mystery Musician Quiz: Bob Enevoldsen (died Nov. 19)
19) Bob Enevoldsen w/Bill Holman-No Joy In Mudville (A View From The Side)
20) Bob Enevoldsen w/Terry Gibbs-Begin The Beguine (Dream Band)
21) Bob Enevoldsen w/Tommy Newsom-Just Friends (Friendly Fire)

22) Haarla/Krokfors Loco Motife-Penguin Beguine (Penguine Beguine)
23) Tango Crash-Milonga Para Alberto (Almada/Iannaccone)
24) Joe Lovano-Blackwell's Message (Higher Ground)
25) George Adams-Going Home (Nightingale)
Host: Larry Appelbaum
jumpmonk at hotmail.com