[JPL] NYTimes.com: Rhythm, Among Other Things, Is Their Business

Jim Wilke jwilke123 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 28 00:04:42 EST 2005

Mmm-hmmm - oh-kay, but did he LIKE Mr.Meldau's trio?   ..... it's hard
to tell in this kind of veiled review.   Does this kind of article
leave you wondering what really happened, and/or is the writer not
really sure?  Which brings us to the musical question, should reviewers
be reviewed,  occasionally?

I'm just positing the question for the purpose of discussion, here.
What do you think?

Sometimes I think we try to talk too much about music, which is another
kind of language.  It's a little like trying to explain French instead
of speaking it  -  or as someone once said,  "talking about music is
like dancing to architecture."   I think that's a rather cogent
observation.

What do you think?

Jim Wilke
Jazz After Hours, PRI