[JPL] WCLV Jazz Playlist for 11/27

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Mon Nov 28 11:53:52 EST 2005

Here's this past weekend's edition of Jazz All Night on WCLV in Cleveland:

Performer                      Music                       Recording Title
Label

12:00 Mid

Mingus Big Band         Tensions                        I Am Three
Sue Mingus Music

Gerald Wilson                  AEN                        In My Time
Mack Avenue

Don Menza            Broad Bottom                       Menza Lines
Jazzed Media

Thad Jones-Mel Lewis     Samba con Getchu   Live at VV            Blue Note

John LaBarbera        Moontrane                    Fantazm
Jazz Compass

1:00AM

Woody Shaw      When Lights are Low       Live Vol. 4                 High
Note

Ada Rovatti          What We Miss                    Airbop
Apria

Western Rebellion         Antares             Western Rebellion         Teal
Creek

Bill Mays      Willow Weep for Me     Live at Jazz Standard       Palmetto

Frank Morgan       Bessie's Blues          Raising the Standard      High
Note

Geoffrey Keezer      Stompin' at the Savoy         Wildcrafted      MaxJazz

2:00AM

Clifford Brown         Jordu           More Study in Brown
EmArcy

Marlon Jordan   All Blues     You Don't Know What Love Is   Louisiana Red
Hot

Javon Jackson          Dr. Smith        Have You Heard?
Palmetto

Gregg August             Four Two K                   Late August
Iacuessa

Andrew Hill                Siete Ocho             Judgement
Blue Note

Kahil El'Zabar-David Murray     Groove Allure    We Is            Delmark

3:00AM

John Coltrane        Song of Praise       One Down, One Up          Impulse

Avram Fefer-Bobby Few   Orange was the Color   Kindred Spirits  Boxholder

James Carter         Highjack                 Out of Nowhere
Half Note

Marty Ehrlich         Seeker's Delight      News on the Rail
Palmetto

4:00AM

Either/Orchestra        Keset eswa betcha       Ethiopiques      Buda
Musique

Enrico Rava                 E lucevan le stele            Tati
ECM

Jim Hall-Enrico Pieranunzi      From E. to C.      Duologues      CamJazz

Gini Wilson                    Un Amor Un Poco Tragico

                                                 SF Chamber Jazz
Music Wizards

Billy Childs         Into the Light             Lyric
Lunacy Music

Julius Tolentino          Shell Joy        Just the Beginning
Sharp Nine

Alex Graham        On a Misty Night           The Good Life       Origin

5:00AM

Grupo Brasil    Serrado   Greetings from Cleveland de Janeiro  Grupo Brasil

Sao Paolo Symphony  Saudade do Brasil   Symphonic Jobim    Adventure

Lalo Schifrin             Jazzette                 Kaleidoscope
Aleph

Antonio Arnedo           The Journey                Colombia
Adventure

Sonido Isleno            East of el Son                  Vive Jazz
Tresero

David Hazeltine         Witchcraft            Modern Standards       Sharp
Nine

Bill Ransom         Some Other Time       Generations                Bongo
Time

John Simna

jsimna at wclv.com

WCLV