[JPL] WNMC-FM Friday Afternoon Jazz

Thomas M "Biz" Bisard mrbiz at torchlake.com
Mon Nov 28 11:43:06 EST 2005

************************************************************************************************************************************

90.7 FM  Traverse City Michigan«««

                          Servin' up a Steamin'
Plate o' Jazz and Other Fine Victuals for a Five
County
Area:
Michigan's Gold Coast, The Jewel of the Midwest
                                38 Years of
Community Public Radio for Northwest Lower Michigan

						^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

                                                        Listen
Online:   <www.wnmc.org>

                                                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

53 hours of Jazz per week (with a bit of
blues-folk-world/international in the mix)  **  9
hours of Blues  **  6 hours of Folk  **  6 hours
of combined Blues/Folk/Roots  **  6 hours of
World/International Music  **  A 3 hour
Avant-Garde Jazz Show  **  A 3 hour
Dance/Electronica Show  **  A  2 hour Funk/Soul
Show  **  A 2 hour of New Age Show  **  A 2 hour
each weekday morning News-Topical-Community drive
time Show (with a bit of music in the mix)  **  A
2 hour Spanish/Latin Show  **  A 2 hour Reggae
Show  **  A 1½ hour 'Live' Show  **  The best of
Indie-Alt-Cutting Edge Rock fills out the weekly schedule

						  ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

                              Eric Hines, general
manager/music director: <ehines at message.nmc.edu>
                 Thomas M "Biz" Bisard, jazz
music director: 1st: <mrbiz at torchlake.com> or 2nd: <TBisard at nmc.edu>
                                   Office: (231)
995-2562         Studio Request Line: (231) 995-1090

						  ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

                   Product, Promotions, etc
to:    WNMC, attn: Eric Hines, station manager or
Biz Bisard, jazz music director
				                    1701 E Front St
				                    Traverse City MI 49686

************************************************************************************************************************************

FRIDAY AFTERNOON JAZZ«««
                                                                                                                                                                                        Biz
<mrbiz at torchlake.com> or <TBisard at nmc.edu>
hosting November 25th 2005  from 2-5 PM in the
oh-so-sunny basement of West Hall on the campus
of Northwestern Michigan College

                                    [
ARTIST     *     Song Title     *     "Album Title"     *     (Label) ]
						¤ = new in rotation

                                            Birthdays
today: Nat Adderley and Paul Desmond

							2 PM

	NAT ADDERLEY     *     Teaneck     *     "Nancy
Wilson - Cannonball Adderly"     *     (Capitol Jazz/EMI)
	THE DAVE BRUBECK
QUARTET     *     Fujiyama     *     "Jazz
Impressions of Japan"     *     (Columbia-vinyl)
	JOE WILLIAMS     *     On Green Dolphin
Street     *     "Joe Williams Live"     *     (OJC/CMG)
							BREAK
     ¤ - THE ODESSA HARRIS GROUP     *     The
Soulful Miss D     *     "The Easy Life"     *     (Eastlawn)
	TIERNEY SUTTON     *     Devil May
Care     *     "I'm with the Band"     *     (Telarc Jazz)
							pause
	THE DAVE BRUBECK QUARTET     *     Let's Fall in
Love     *     "Jazz at the Blackhawk"     *     (Fantasy-vinyl)
	SHIRLEY HORN     *     Come Dance with
Me     *     "But Beautiful - best of"     *     (Verve/UMG)
							BREAK
	DAVE POTTS     *     One
Mississippi     *     "One Night in the South"     *     (Looking Up)
	NOTHIN' FANCY     *     Headin' Back to Ole
Tennessee     *     "Reflections"     *     (Pine Castle)
	OTIS TAYLOR     *     Boy Plays
Mandolin     *     "Below the Fold"     *     (Telarc)
							pause
	BOUBACAR
TRAORÉ     *     Horonia     *     "Kongo
Magni"     *     (World Village Music/Harmonia Mundi)

							3 PM

     ¤ - SHERRIE MARICLE & THE JAZZ DIVA
ORCHESTRA     *     Moonlight     *     "TNT - A
Tommy Newsome Tribute"     *     (Lightyear)
	HELEN THOMPSON & ORCHESTRA     *     Going Down
to Big Mary's [alt. take]     *     "Yes Indeed!
Women Vocalists on United"     *     (United/Delmark)
							pause
	JEAN-MICHEL PILC     *     Yemen     *     "Live
at Iridium, New York"     *     (Dreyfus Jazz)
	SONIDO ISLEÑO     *     Tambora     *     "Vive
Jazz!"     *     (Tresero Productions)
							BREAK
	JIM HALL     *     Concierto de
Aranjuez     *     "Concierto"    *     (CBS/Sony/BMG)
							pause
	BERNARD ALLISON - LARRY MCCRAY - CARL
WEATHERSBY     *     Get Drunk and Pop the
Trunk     *     "Triple Fret"     *     (JSP)
	JOE WILLIAMS & THAD JONES/MEL LEWIS
ORCHESTRA     *     Nighttime Is the Right Time
[To Be with the One You Love]     *     "self-titled"     *     (Blue Note/EMI)
							pause
	BARBARA MORRISON     *     Chains of
Love     *     "Live at the Dakota"     *     (Dakota Live!)
	RICHARD FREITAS     *     Would
'Ya     *     "Tootsie Tunes"     *     (The Dovetail Group, Inc.)

							4 PM

	RICHARD SHINDELL     *     There Goes
Mavis     *     "Vuelta"     *     (Koch)
	KENNY BARRON TRIO     *     Well You
Needn't     *     "The Perfect Set - Live at
Bradley's II"     *     (Sunnyside)
							BREAK
	CURUMIN     *     Todo bem
Malandro     *     "Achados e Perdidos"     *     (Quannum Projects)
	THE DAVE BRUBECK QUARTET     *     Take the A
Train     *     "Jazz Goes to College"     *     (Columbia-vinyl)
	NAT ADDERLEY & THE BIG SAX
SECTION     *     E.S.P.     *     "That's Right!"     *     (Riverside/CMG)
							BREAK
     ¤ - NIA QUINTET     *     title
track     *     "End of Time"     *     (Blujazz)
     ¤ - FREDDIE HUBBARD & JIMMY
HEATH     *     Bluesville     *     "'Live' at
the Left Bank"     *     (Hyena)
							pause
	HORNHEADS     *     title track     *     "Fat
Lip"     *     (Bone 2 B Wild)

                                                                      ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Weekly top 10 jazz and 5 jazz adds available at
CMJ. We also report to 'Living Blues' top 25. I
apologize for my s-l-o-w-n-e-s-s in keeping up
with tracking information. It's a shared task
that we're sorting out and always a work in progress.

If you'd like to be taken off this list, just
drop me a line......(if you'd like to be on it, I
guess I'll have to figure that out my own self!)

Have a GREAT week all!
     Biz