[JPL] Benefit download compilation for New Orleans Musicians

EdBride at aol.com EdBride at aol.com
Mon Nov 28 08:39:25 EST 2005

At a time when many New Orleans people are wondering whether the nation has
enough collective generosity (and donor stamina) to complete the restoration
and  repairs, another element of the Internet community has rallied to the
cause of  musicians.

The live download outfit Nugs.net has assembled an all-star compilation of
live tracks to raise money for several New Orleans charities benefiting local
musicians. As you'll conclude from the artists named below, few of them  would
be played on most Jazz shows; but there is a warm spot for New Orleans  music
in the heart of many Jazz fans. So, if there are others at your station  who
play this genre, please pass this note along.

Nugs.net’s artist partners donated the recordings for this compilation,
including an exclusive release from Widespread Panic’s archives, and an
exclusive, never-before-released song, “Low,” from former Phish guitarist Trey
Anastasio and his new band 70 Volt Parade.

Nugs.net and the 17 artists featured on the benefit  release organized this
compilation out of their dedication to providing  continued support for this
vital American music community. Other artists  contributing to the benefit
compilation include Dave Matthews Band, Phish, Jerry  Garcia Band, David Grisman
Quintet, The String Cheese Incident, Gov’t Mule,  Yonder Mountain String Band,
Mike Gordon and the Benevento/Russo Duo, Umphrey’s  McGee, Tea Leaf Green,
Particle, New Riders of the Purple Sage, Outformation,  and local New Orleans
legends The  Radiators and Galactic.
Information on the charities can be found at the  following web sites:

Tipitina’s Foundation – _http://www.tipitinas.com_
(http://www.tipitinas.com/)
N.O. Musician’s Hurricane Relief Fund -
_http://www.preservationhall.com/2.0/donate.php_ (http://www.preservationhall.com/2.0/donate.php)
N.O. Musician’s Clinic - _http://www.wwoz.org/clinic/_
(http://www.wwoz.org/clinic/)
Conscious Alliance - _http://www.consciousalliance.org/_
(http://www.consciousalliance.org/)
To obtain a complimentary copy, register your email  address on
_www.livedownloads.com_ (http://www.livedownloads.com/) ; the compilation  will be unlocked
at your request. Or, contact: John Ross, 504-723-6620
[John_rossjr at earthlink.net]
Email me off-list if you'd  like a copy of the Nugs.net press release, which
will be issued later  today.
DISCLOSURE: I have no commercial interest in this project, I'm helping  them
on a pro-bono basis.
Thanks,
Ed