[JPL] PLaylist: The MJC Christmas Special

Bob Stockton drbob456 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 28 12:32:51 EST 2005

Modern Jazz Classics is heard an aggregate 40 hours each week via our
broadcast and internet partners, reaching a domestic and international
audience potential of more than 1.7 million.

"Got a late night spot to fill? We'll fill 'er up!

The MJC Christmas Special

Intro: Let It Snow (Origin)

Michael Franks / I Brought You A Plastic Star / Christmas Has A Brand New
Beat / WB
Chet Baker / Winter Wonderland / Young Chet / Proper
Les DeMerle / Little Bebop Drummer Boy / Jazz Spirit Of Christmas / Origin
David Leonhardt Jazz Group(Nancy Reed) / Let It Snow / I'll Be Home For
Christmas / Big Bang
Dave Brubeck / What Child Is This / A Dave Brubeck Christmas / Telarc
Diana Krall / Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas / Jazz To The World /
Blue Note
New York Latin Jazz All Stars / Jingle Bells / Feliz Navidad / Consolidated
Artists
New York Latin Jazz All Stars / The Christmas Song / Feliz Navidad /
Consolidated Artists
New York Latin Jazz All Stars / Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer / Feliz
Navidad / Consolidated Artists
Patricia Barber / Santa Claus Is Coming To Town / Nightclub / Premonition
Jane Monheit / I Love The Winter Medley / The Season / Epic

Top of hour 1 sweep: O Christmas Tree (Origin)

Ramsey Lewis / Oh Happy Day / With One Voice / Narada Jazz
Nancy Wilson / God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen / A Nancy Wilson Christmas /
Telarc
Ella Fitzgerald / Christmas Island / A Swinging Christmas / Verve
Eartha Kitt / Santa Baby / Eartha: The Collection / BMG
David Leonhardt Jazz Group / Here Comes Santa Claus / I'll Be Home For
Christmas / Big Bang
Hans Teuber / Silver Bells / Winter / Origin
Vault Selection: Nat "King" Cole / The Christmas Song / Cool Cole / Proper /
1946
The Brecker Brothers / The Christmas Waltz / Jazz To The World / Blue Note
Gabriela Anders / Our First Christmas / Jazz Christmas Party / WB
Louis Armstrong / Christmas In New Orleans / Christmas Through The Years /
Stanyan Records
Louis Armstrong / 'Zat You, Santa Claus? / Christmas Through The Years /
Stanyan Records
Louis Armstrong / 'Twas The Night Before Christmas / Christmas Through The
Years / Stanyan Records
(this last cut is simply "Pops' reading the poem: Very moving).

Top of hour sweep and sign off: Peace (Origin).

Bob ("Dr. Bob") Stockton, Host/Producer
Modern Jazz Classics From Amelia Island
3956 Arbor Lake Circle
Jacksonville, Fl. 32225-1681