[JPL] WEMU November '05 Living Blues Report

Linda Yohn lyohn at emich.edu
Wed Nov 30 17:55:50 EST 2005

For our monthly report to "Living Blues Magazine", here are the 25
most-played blues CDs on 89.1 and WEMU.ORG in November, 2005.  This
list is ranked in most to least played order beginning with number 1.

1.   Bettye Lavette/I've Got My Own Hell To Raise/Anti
2.   Various Artists/I Believe To My Soul/Rhino
3.   Dr. John/Sippiana Hericane/Blue Note
4.   Johnny Adams/The Great Johnny Adams Blues Album/Rounder
5.   Sam Cooke/Night Beat/RCA Legacy
6.   Buddy Guy/Bring 'Em In/Silvertone
7.   Bonnie Raitt/Souls Alike/Capitol
8.   Various Artists/A Celebration Of New Orleans Music To Benefit The
Music Cares Hurricane Relief/Rounder
9.   Various Artists/Higher Ground Hurricane Relief Benefit
Concert/Blue Note
10.  Various Artists/Searching For Soul:  Rare & Classic Soul, Funk
And Jazz From Michigan 1968-1980/Luv 'N Haight
11.  Susan Tedeschi/Hope And Desire/Verve Forecast
12.  Alvin "Youngblood" Hart/Motivational Speaker/Telarc
13.  Eric Bibb/A Ship Called Love/Telarc
14.  Pinetop Perkins/On Top/95North
15.  Big Mama Thornton/Sassy Mama/Just A Memory
16.  Rich DelGrosso/Get Your Nose Outta My
Bizness/www.mandolinblues.com
17.  The Fabulous Thunderbirds/Painted On/Tone-Cool
18.  Angela Strehli/Blue Highway/M.C.
19.  Taj Mahal/The Essential Taj Mahal/Columbia Legacy
20.  John "Juke" Logan/The Truth Will Rock You/Mocombo
21.  Mississippi Heat/Glad You're Mine/Cross Cut
22.  Johnny Rawls And The Rays/No Boundaries/Top Cat
23.  Billy Boy Arnold/Consolidated Mojo/Electro-Fi
24.  Eddie Burns/2nd Degree Burns/Blue Suit
25.  Smokin' Joe Kubek/The Best Of The Smokin' Joe Kubek Featuring
B'Nois King/Bullseye

Great list!  Please keep the music coming!

Thanks.

Linda

Linda Yohn
WEMU Music Director