[JPL] PLAYLIST - WNMC Weekly Spins + Adds

Thomas M "Biz" Bisard mrbiz at torchlake.com
Sat Apr 1 13:51:17 EST 2006

WNMC 90.7 FM  Traverse City Michigan «««

                          Servin' up a Steamin'
Plate o' Jazz and Other Fine Victuals for a Five
County
Area:
Michigan's Gold Coast, The Jewel of the Midwest
                                38 Years of
Community Public Radio for Northwest Lower Michigan

                                               ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Avant-Garde (AG) Jazz & World/International (WB) Spins<<<<
                                                                  for
the week of March 24th - March 30th, 2006
                                                                                         Tracking
down to 2 spins

                                               [ARTIST
*     "Album"     *     (Label)]
                                                     AG = avant-garde
                                           WB = world/international

                                                 6 SPINS

         BÉLA FLECK & THE
FLECKTONES       *       "The Hidden Land"       *       (Columbia/Sony/BMG)
         JOHN MAYER
TRIO       *       "Try!"       *       (Aware/Columbia/Sony/BMG)
         CHRISTIAN SCOTT       *       "Rewind
That"       *       (Concord Jazz/CMG)
         LEW TABACKIN
TRIO       *       "Tanuki's Night Out"       *       ( <www.lewtabackin.com> )

                                                 5 SPINS

         OSCAR CASTRO-NEVES       *       "All One"       *       (Mack Avenue)
         KEITH OXMAN       *       "Dues in Progress"       *       (Capri)
         ODEAN POPE SAXOPHONE
CHOIR       *       "Locked & Loaded"       *       (Half Note)
         SF JAZZ COLLECTIVE       *       "SF
Jazz Collective 2"       *       (Nonesuch/WMG)
       AG - VANDERMARK 5       *       "The Color
of Memory"       *       (Atavistic)
         THE WOOD BROTHERS       *       "Ways
not to Look"       *       (Blue Note/EMI)

                                                 4 SPINS

         CHET BAKER       *       "Plays for
Lovers"       *       (Riverside/CMG)
         THE BUDOS BAND       *       "self-titled"       *       (Daptone)
         CYRUS CHESTNUT       *       "Genuine
Chestnut"       *       (Telarc Jazz/CMG)
         TAYLOR EIGSTI       *       "Lucky to be
Me"       *       (Concord Jazz/CMG)
         VINCE ECTOR       *       "Renewal of the Spirit"       (Jazz Maniacs)
         BILLY KILLSON'S B. K.
GROOVE       *       "Pots & Pans"       *       (Arintha Star/Navarre)
         MARIA SCHNEIDER
ORCHESTRA       *       "Days of Wine and Roses"       *       (ArtistShare)
         JORIS TEEPE'S GRONINGEN ART
ENSEMBLE       *       "Jazz In Jazz Out"       *       (Planet Arts/Blujazz)
         3ÓSITY       *       "self-titled"       *       (Capri)
         LARRY WILLIS TRIO       *       "The Big
Push"       *       (HighNote)

                                                 3 SPINS

         BRIAN BROMBERG       *       "Wood II"       *       (Artistry Music)
         ROYCE CAMPBELL       *       "Gypsy
Soul"       *       ( <www.mooncyclerecords.com> )
         MARK COLBY       *       "Speaking of Stan"       *       (Hallway)
         ELVIS COSTELLO & THE METROPOLE
ORKEST       *       "My Flame Burns Blue"       *       (Deutche Grammophon)
         ROGER DAVIDSON TRIO       *       "Ten
to Twelve"       *       (Soundbrush)
         BILL EVANS       *       "Plays for
Lovers"       *       (Riverside/CMG)
         DAVE
FRISHBERG       *       "Retromania:  At the Jazz
Bakery"       *       (Arbors Jazz)
         STAN GETZ       *       "Plays for
Lovers"       *       (Concord Jazz/CMG)
         JOHN "PAPA" GROS       *       "Day's End"       *       (Funky Krewe)
         HAWK - RICHARD JAZZ
ORCHESTRA       *       "Reunion"       *       (Sea Breeze Jazz)
         ANDREW HILL       *       "Time Lines"       *       (Blue Note/EMI)
      WB - LADYSMITH BLACK
MAMBAZO       *       "Long Walk to Freedom"       *       (Heads Up/CMG)
         JOHN MATTERN
QUARTET       *       "Afrosano"       *       ( <www.johnmattern.com> )
         GREG MURPHY       *       "Orientation"       *       (Murphasaurus)
         LENNY ROBERTS       *       "The City
Life Shuffle"       *       ( <www.lennyrobertsjazz.com> )
         JAE SINNETT       *       "The Sinnett
Hearings"       *       (J-Nett)
       AG - SYNTOPIA QUARTET       *       "Mars"       *       (Nemu)
      WB - VARIOUS ARTISTS       *       "The
Rough Guide to the Music of Brazil: Rio de
Janeiro"       *       (World Music Network)
         SARAH VAUGHAN       *       "Sings for
Lovers"       *       (Pablo/CMG)

                                                 2 SPINS

         CARLOS BARBOSA-LIMA       *       "Carioca"       *       (Zoho)
         GERMÁN BENSE BOSSA NOVA
QUARTET       *       "Love Song in
Vain"       *       (<www.ampcast.com/germanbense/> )
         LAURA CAVIANI       *       "Going
There"       *       ( <www.lauracaviani.com> )
         CHARMAINE
CLAMOR       *       "Searching for the Soul"       *       (FreeHam)
         CHICK COREA       *       "The Ultimate
Adventure"       *       (Stretch/Concord/CMG)
         GEORGE COTSIRILOS TRIO       *       "On
the Rebop"       *       (OA2)
         RED GARLAND TRIO       *       "At the
Prelude"       *       (Prestige/CMG)
         LARRY GOLDINGS       *       "Quartet"       *       (Palmetto)
         HERBIE HANCOCK       *       "The
Essential Herbie Hancock"       *       (Columbia/Legacy/Sony/BMG)
         RICK HAYDON & JOHN
PIZZARELLI       *       "Just Friends"       *       (Mel Bay)
         CONRAD
HERWIG       *       "Obligation"       *       (Criss Cross Jazz)
         TED HOGARTH
COLLECTIVE       *       "Misconception"       *       (Blujazz)
         LENA HORNE       *       "Seasons of a
Life"       *       (Blue Note/EMI)
         STEVE KHAN       *       "The Green Field"       *       (Tone Center)
         ARTHUR KELL
QUARTET       *       "Traveller"       *       (Fresh Sound New Talent)
         SORIBA KOUYATÉ       *       "Live in
Montreux"       *       ( <www.actmusic.com> )
         BETTYE LAVETTE       *       "I've Got
My Own Hell to Raise"       *       (Anti)
         PAMELA LUSS       *       "There's
Something About You I Don't Know"       *       (Savant)
       AG - DOM MINASI       *       "The
Vampire's Revenge"       *       (Atavistic)
         TONY MONACO       *       "East to West"       *       (Chicken Coup)
         MONK'S MUSIC TRIO       *       "Monk's Bones"       *      (CMB)
         PAUL MOTIAN BAND       *       "Garden of Eden"       *       (ECM)
       AG - WILLIAM PARKER       *       "Long
Hidden: The Olmec"       *       (AUM)
         JACO PASTORIUS BIG
BAND       *       "The Word is Out!"       *       (Heads Up/CMG)
         TINEKE POSTMA       *       "For the
Rhythm"       *       (Munich/215)
         IKE QUEBEC       *       "The Complete
Blue Note 45 Sessions"       *       (Blue Note/EMI)
         NIKA REJTO       *       "Teazing Socrates"       *       (Unika)
         CHRISTINE ROSHOLT       *       "Detour
Ahead"       *       ( <www.christinerosholt.com> )
         GONZALO RUBALCABA       *       "Solo"       *       (Blue Note/EMI)
         TOM SCOTT feat. PHIL
WOODS       *       "Bebop United"       *       (MCG Jazz)
         CHRIS
STEWART       *       "Phoenix"       *       ( <www.docstewart.com> )
      WB - GECKO TURNER       *       "Guapapasea!"       *       (Quango)
         MANUEL VALERA GROUP       *       "Melancolía"       *       (Mavo)
      WB - VARIOUS
ARTISTS       *       "Flamenco Nuevo"       *       (World Music Network)
      WB - VARIOUS ARTISTS       *       "The Now
Sound of Brazil 2"       *       (Ziriguiboom/Crammed Discs)
         SCOTT WHITFIELD JAZZ ORCHESTRA
EAST       *       "Diamonds for Nat"       *       (Summit)
      WB - LES YEUX NOIRS       *       "Tchorba"       *       (World Village)

                                    Most all of
the music we play is available through a link
                                on our website to
CD Universe or from CD Baby
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  66
of 100 new or reissued cd's from our current jazz
rotation were played down to 2 plays. 4 of 20 new
or reissued discs from our avant-garde jazz
rotation were spun down to 2. 6 of 40
world/international cd's received play down to 2
plays. Our weekly top 10 jazz and 5 jazz adds are
available at CMJ. We also report to 'Living
Blues' top 25. We're working on reporting our
folk/roots music, too. I apologize for any
s-l-o-w-n-e-s-s in keeping up with adds &/or
tracking information. These are shared tasks that
are  always  works in progress.

                                                                           MAIN
JAZZ ROTATION ADDS

         MONTY ALEXANDER       *       "Concrete
Jungle: The Music of Bob Marley"       *       (Telarc/CMG)
         JOEY DEFRANCESCO       *       "Organic
Vibes"       *       (Concord Jazz/CMG)
         BILL HENDERSON       *       "Live at
the Kennedy Center"       *       ( <www.webonlyjazz.com> )
         LAWRENCE LEBO       *       "Don't Call
Her Larry volume 2"       *       (On the Air)
         THE N'AWLINS GUMBO
KINGS       *       "UFO Saloon"       *       ( <www.gumbokings.com> )
         VOICE TREK       *       "An Acapella
Trek"       *       ( <www.voicetreksings.com> )
         PHIL WOODS       *       "Unheard
Herd"       *       ( <www.jazzedmedia.com> )

                                             ARCHIVES

         BREAKESTRA       *       "Hit the Floor"       *       (Ubiquity)
         THE BUDOS BAND       *       "self-titled"       *       (Daptone)
         CARMEN LUNDY       *       "Jazz & the
New Songbook - Live at the Madrid"       *         (<www.carmenlundy.com> )
         SHAHIDA NURULLAH       *       "The Ruby
and the Pearl"       *       ( <www.shahidanurullah.com> )
         LUIS MARIO OCHOA &
FRIENDS       *       "Cimarón"       *       (
<www.cubanmusicproductions.com> )
         TINEKE POSTMA       *       "For the
Rhythm"       *       (Munich/215)
         LENNY ROBERTS       *       "The City
Life Shuffle"       *       ( <www.lennyrobertsjazz.com> )

If you'd like to be taken off this list, just
drop me a line......(if you'd like to be on it, I
guess I'll have to figure that out my own self!)

Have a GREAT weekend all!
     Biz

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Listen Online:   <www.wnmc.org> ««««

53 hours of Jazz per week (with a bit of
blues-folk-world/international in the mix)  **  9
hours of Blues  **  6 hours of Folk  **  6 hours
of combined Blues/Folk/Roots  **  6 hours of
World/International Music  **  A 3 hour
Avant-Garde Jazz Show  **  A 3 hour
Dance/Electronica Show  **  A  2 hour Funk/Soul
Show  **  A 2 hour of New Age Show  **  A 2 hour
each weekday morning News-Topical-Community drive
time Show (with a bit of music in the mix)  **  A
2 hour Spanish/Latin Show  **  A 2 hour Reggae
Show  **  A 1½ hour 'Live' Show  **  The best of
Indie-Alt-Cutting Edge Rock fills out the weekly schedule

                                         ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

                              Eric Hines, general
manager/music director: <ehines at message.nmc.edu>
                 Tom "Biz" Bisard,
jazz  director: 1st: <mrbiz at torchlake.com> or 2nd: <TBisard at nmc.edu>
                 Jen Medlin-Lloyd, AG/out
jazz  director: <jemedlin at message.nmc.edu>
                            Linnaea Melcarek,
world/international  director: <linnaea at message.nmc.edu>
                     Leroy Alvarez, blues director: <lalvarez at message.nmc.edu>
                                               Bob
Brown, folk/roots director: <folkbob60 at yahoo.com>

            Office: (231)
995-2562     *     Music Directors: (231)
995-1091     *     Studio Request Line: (231) 995-1090

                                         ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

               >>>Product, Promotions, etc to:   WNMC 90.7 FM
                                                                                   attn:
Eric Hines, station manager
                                                                                   or
attn: