[JPL] The Ridiculous: Rod Stewart sings Mel Torme, etc.

MFA - Jazz Publicity & Radio Promotion MitchellFeldmanAssociates at Comcast.net
Sun Apr 2 04:24:16 EDT 2006

Those are April Fools Day jokes, Doug! - Mitchell

On 02 Apr 2006, at 01:00, jazzproglist-request at jazzweek.com wrote:

> From: Doug Crane <dcrane at comcast.net>
> Date: 01 April 2006 23:13:24 MST
> To: jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
> Subject: [JPL] The Ridiculous: Rod Stewart sings Mel Torme, etc.
>

> For an interesting take on a veritable plethora of new jazz
> releases, some by artists of dubious pedigree, follow the link below.
>
> http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/review_center.php
>
> Among the things you'll find out:
>
> Madonna simultaneously studying jazz trombone and scientology.
> Monk (not Adrian) recorded a collection of Beatles songs while on
> tour with the Giants of Jazz in 1971.
>
> Ah the things one can learn by scouring the web endlessly and
> needlessly.  After reading some of these reviews you'll no doubt
> concur with me that the future of jazz is as secure as United
> Airlines' pension fund.
>
> And be sure to check out
>
> http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/jazzdownload.php?id=1007
>
> It's an MP3 of Charles Mingus and Kenny G.  First Louis Armstrong
> and now Mingus!  Is nothing sacred!!!
>
> I guess it's just like the Bonzo Dog Band said.  Jazz: Delicious
> Hot, Disgusting Cold.
>
> Back to lurker status.....
>
> Doug Crane
> dcrane at comcast.net
> Volunteer Jazz DJ
> KUVO Denver 89.3 FM
> Wednesdays 7-9 PM

MFA
Publicity, Radio Promotion & Consulting
For The International Jazz Community

Mitchell Feldman Associates
3432 Quivas Street #2
Denver, CO 80211 / USA
Phone:    303.433.0021
Cell:        303.641.4783
MitchellFeldmanAssociates at Comcast.net